New Star Wars Promo Transforms Your Google Account to Light Side or Dark Side Themes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
star-wars-light-side.jpg

If you are a Star Wars fan, then you may want to check out this slick new promo for your Google Account. If you go to google.com/StarWars, you will be able to choose between the Light Side or the Dark Side of the Force, and it will transform you Google account with a Star Wars theme to match your choice.

When you make the choice, you will be greeted with a ton of Star Wars related easter eggs sprinkled throughout each Google product you try out with the chosen theme. If you want to read more about it before you make your choice, here's Google's Blog on the subject: Official Google Blog: For Star Wars fans, old and new

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's a video promo showing off the promo (so now we have promos of promos? how far down the rabbit hole will things evolve?):

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
Very awesome!

from my sexy edge+

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Very cool. Thanks for sharing this!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Realized today that navigation has me as a tie fighter. Seems it affects mobile versions of apps as well.

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Realized today that navigation has me as a tie fighter. Seems it affects mobile versions of apps as well.

From the FAQ page

WHICH GOOGLE APPS ARE INCLUDED?
Android Wear, Chrome, Chromecast, Gmail, Inbox by Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Now, Google Search, Google Translate, Waze, and YouTube are included.

I'M ON MY PHONE, BUT I DON'T SEE ANYTHING IN GMAIL. WHY?

The transformation of Chrome, Gmail, and YouTube can only be experienced on desktop.