New Samsung oven can be controlled with an Android app

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Samsung-oven-app.jpg

Samsung’s new Zipel ceramic oven takes the guesswork out of cooking thanks to a little help from your Android smartphone. While the front of the oven still features traditional controls, built-in WiFi and an Android app allows users to set the oven remotely. The app also includes 160 presets for various meals to set the oven to the perfect temperature and time. Talk about taking the guesswork out of cooking.

As you might expect from an oven with WiFi, smartphone controls aren’t the only thing that make the Zipel oven advanced. It can also speak to you and let you know the weight and calorie content of your food. We might not have flying cars but this is starting to sound like The Jetsons. The oven is also designed for greater efficiency and easier cleaning.

Unfortunately for most, the Zipel is only available in Korea, as is the case with most of the Android-conencted home appliances we have seen. Hopefully some of these gadgets will make it to other parts of the world so we can all have Android-powered ovens that suggest the perfect meal based on the food found in our Android-powered fridges.

SOURCE: New Samsung Zipel oven can be controlled with an Android app » Unwired View

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Imagine taking someones phone, and turning on and off stuff in their house.

Make them think poltergeists are doing it :happy3:

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Imagine taking someones phone, and turning on and off stuff in their house.

Make them think poltergeists are doing it :happy3:
LOL...I was thinking the same thing. I did it once to my friend when I installed an app to control his PC from my phone. I used the mouse cursor to point at "SATANIC" things.