new radios and new test build

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
These radios rock! I love them they are strong and I'm having no issue going from 3 to 4 And 4 to 3g! Knock on wood.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry for asking what I feel to be a dumb question, but I need pointed in the right direction. Having a bit of trouble on my own. Ok, just flashed JBSourcery 2.3 and then came across a thread about some better radios finally. I know, I'm slacking, but this is the first day I've had off in a month. Anyway, I'm trying to find out what IMM76 I'm on, but can't find it. Just want to know what radio I can flash safely. Any advice would be greatly appreciated since the areas I've been working have had lousy signals. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You still have the 4.0.2 radios... you should update to the latest ones immediately. And it really doesn't matter about what build you're on. You can flash any set of toro radios (4.0.2, 4.0.4, 4.1.1) that you want to any system version. The 4.1.1 radios are just a marked improvement.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Talon66721

Reaction score
So, I'd be good with any of the links in the first post? And thank you so much for helping me out. As you can probably tell, kinda been out of the loop for a bit. This whole work thing really gets in the way of things, you know? Lol.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
So, I'd be good with any of the links in the first post? And thank you so much for helping me out. As you can probably tell, kinda been out of the loop for a bit. This whole work thing really gets in the way of things, you know? Lol.

The first two links are links to radio zips. Either one should work fine. The third link is the JRO03O update. You don't want that if you want to stay on Sourcery and don't want to go back to stock first.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Good to know, haven't really run much other than Sourcery, so I'll run with that. Thank you again so much!! Going to go flash this right now! Woo-hoo-

Talon66721

Reaction score
Seems to have helped! Sitting on the same spot on the couch and bouncing between -100 and -93, usually run around -120 here. Can't wait to really try it out tomorrow when I get out and around. Again, can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Seems to have helped! Sitting on the same spot on the couch and bouncing between -100 and -93, usually run around -120 here. Can't wait to really try it out tomorrow when I get out and around. Again, can't tell you how much I appreciate the help!

No problem at all. The radios are vastly improved, thus why I said you should update immediately. ;) You haven't taken an OTA or flashed new radios since you got the phone. It's impressive that you've been able to deal with it like that as long as you have. The Nexus now is the phone that it should have been at launch. I wouldn't take any other phone on the market over it.

Talon66721

Reaction score
Actually, I flashed the 3 and 4 radios right when they came out, but the 2 radios seemed to work better for me. And like I said work really gets in the way of well, life, sometimes. That and Sourcery has been good to me.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
Actually, I flashed the 3 and 4 radios right when they came out, but the 2 radios seemed to work better for me. And like I said work really gets in the way of well, life, sometimes. That and Sourcery has been good to me.

Huh...FC04/FC05 were pretty good to me. Never stopped my 4G drops like FF02/FG02, but they improved. The EK02/EK05 radios were truly awful for me, but that's one of those every phone reacts differently things I guess. Anyway, glad you got up and running and the new radios are working better for you.

Talon66721

Reaction score
I've noticed that on many things as well. Still don't understand why so much is phone specific. Even with two phones with the exact same setup, and something will work great on one and not the other. Strange. Anyway, up and going better now thanks to you! I'm calling it a night. Catch you later on.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
What's this "fast boot OEM unlock"about?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ga...-how-unlock-bootloader-root-galaxy-nexus.html <---------- The process

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/galaxy-nexus-development/214572-rooted-unlocked-now-what.html <------------ What to do after

Freedom over your device is what you get. I suggest reading up on a few topics like "overclocking", "flashing ROMs", "flashing kernels", etc. Just a starter. Lots more you can do with root and an unlocked bootloader.

Last edited: