New PSX Emulator

SEGA

Reaction score
Man this thing runs smooth.

Has some minor bugs and doesn't load all games, but the games it does load.... damn

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

91LudeSiT

Reaction score
I bought it, but it doesn't run eboots, so I'll have to make ISO's of my games when I get home.

phrozen087

Reaction score
Runs Crash bandicoot warped perfectly with sound. I wonder how this will play FFIX...

It plays FF9 very well. I have tried loads of games on it including FF7 & 9 (don't have 8 on my card atm), and just a ton of other games including native japanese games as well. It has handled every game almost flawlessly. I also feel that the quality of the video is much clearer and easier to read when compared to psx4droid. I am using a droid 2 and overall have just been blown away by this emulator! I am actually playing the games again using fpse instead of just showing friends and being like "hey i have psx on my phone..."

I would also encourage anyone who may find a bug to head to the forums at fpsece.net. The dev is very response and is working very hard to fix any issues and port all of the WinCE features to the android version. Initially I was worried he might turn into another Zod (makes a product and then abandons it) but it seems there is a really good community that backs the fpse project (there are 2 devs and lots of forum moderators along with an active skinning community). I think there is a very positive future for this emulator and to top it off it seems the FPSECE project has been ongoing for 3+ years now and only been getting better.

Go check it out guys, its really good!!!

phrozen087

Reaction score
I bought it, but it doesn't run eboots, so I'll have to make ISO's of my games when I get home.

Also you can compress the iso's to this .Z format. Just put the .Z and .Z.TABLE files on your card and the filesize is barely larger than an eboot. I used .iso files for a while and first tried the .z format today and it seems to work well.

That said, I do hope it gets eboot support at some point in the future, but I found it to be much less troublesome then I initially thought it might be. (I had every game I owned compressed into an eboot for storage)

OP
souperman11

souperman11

Reaction score
The dev is very response and is working very hard to fix any issues and port all of the WinCE features to the android version. Initially I was worried he might turn into another Zod (makes a product and then abandons it) but it seems there is a really good community that backs the fpse project (there are 2 devs and lots of forum moderators along with an active skinning community). I think there is a very positive future for this emulator and to top it off it seems the FPSECE project has been ongoing for 3+ years now and only been getting better.

I was worrying about the same thing at first XD The best part about this emulator is that people can stay at stock (550 mhz) and still pretty much play at full speed if they don't use screen filtering.

biggles

Reaction score
How well does fpse run on the original moto droid? Can you customize the keyboard for controls?

Mayze

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the memory card saves from psx4droid on Fpse? I have a ton of time invested in FFVII and would like to start where I left off using the new emulator.

91LudeSiT

Reaction score

Also you can compress the iso's to this .Z format. Just put the .Z and .Z.TABLE files on your card and the filesize is barely larger than an eboot. I used .iso files for a while and first tried the .z format today and it seems to work well.

That said, I do hope it gets eboot support at some point in the future, but I found it to be much less troublesome then I initially thought it might be. (I had every game I owned compressed into an eboot for storage)

How did you save the audio with the compression tool? I can't get it to include the audio files, and there isn't much help on the web for PocketISO.

mjforte

Reaction score
Is there a way to use the memory card saves from psx4droid on Fpse? I have a ton of time invested in FFVII and would like to start where I left off using the new emulator.

Yeah use a file manager and go to the .psx4droid folder on your sd card. There will be a mcd001.mcr file for memory card 1 and a mcd002.mcr file for memory card 2. Copy both of these files to the location of your choice and rename them slot1.mcd for memory card 1 and slot2.mcd for memory card slot 2. It took me a while to figure this out myself. Then go into the settings of Fpse and set the location of where you put these files.

Last edited:
OP
souperman11

souperman11

Reaction score
How well does fpse run on the original moto droid? Can you customize the keyboard for controls?

It depends on the game, but the ones I tried (Parasite Eve, Hogs of War) ran at full speed without overclocking. That being said, if you overclock and/or use frame skipping then you can enable screen filtering and the better sound emulation without slowing it down.

The keyboard is fully customizable too :)

Mayze

Reaction score

Yeah use a file manager and go to the .psx4droid folder on your sd card. There will be a mcd001.mcr file for memory card 1 and a mcd002.mcr file for memory card 2. Copy both of these files to the location of your choice and rename them slot1.mcd for memory card 1 and slot2.mcd for memory card slot 2. It took me a while to figure this out myself. Then go into the settings of Fpse and set the location of where you put these files.

Worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip :icon_ banana:

solar

Reaction score
It seems to run really well. but there are a couple of things i'm having trouble with.
1) the program doesn't seem to save my keyboard layout. I have to remap it every time i open it
2) it looks a little jaggy (blockier) then PSX4droid. Maybe this is just a settings issue. I haven't played with it to much yet.