New psx Emulator. Not working!

Reaction score
So i got the PlayStation emu, I didn't have any roms yet so I got a few, and they are .7z. I got the bios file and pointed the emu towards the file, but it will not recognize my roms? It says it can read .7z files. What am I doing wrong?

Krish

Reaction score
Treat it as a emulator on the computer. It has to support the format. Most the games should be a .bin. Try extracting the z7 file for a ISO or bin file and play that.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your right, I thought it had said it supported packed files. I just unpacked it, but i got a .bin.enu? File never seen the .enu before. I did run into some problems tho, I'm transferring the .bin file I got extracted from another game now, and it is large (650mb) so i expected it to take a few minutes to transfer... But its taking 45minutes? I transfer multiple Gigs of music in under 5 minutes... Whats going on here?

Well it must have been a fluke, because I just transfered another 700mb .bin file (Parrapa the rapper :] ) and it only took 3 minutes.

I cant believe how Compressed these games are tho! first i had to unpack the .zip, then unpack the .7z and then run it through unecm program to get the file from .ecm.bin to .bin. But now everything is working, and I'm happy to say all the games I have tried so far work. The only problem is the screen gets jumbled with old data, like ghost images stay on the screen. But it runs smooth and sound is great. Abes odyssey and Parrapa the rapper.... Update Parrapa graphiz are perfect with slight skipping but the music and sound DOES NOT WORK super ugly n choppy. To be expected tho. Im gonna try DDR next lol

Last edited:

leadhead

Reaction score
is there any way to increase performance on the emulator? it hasn't been working so well on my phone?

OP
K
Reaction score
is there any way to increase performance on the emulator? it hasn't been working so well on my phone?

Do you have the screen refresh rate set to 30? Do that if not. And I'm not over-clocked but If you were I'm sure turning up the clock speed to 1ghz would make it Faster and smoother.

Also on a side note I think that having the external keyboard is super beneficial for this emulator and outweighs the benefit of having a faster cpu, especially when over-clocking is an option as well.

leadhead

Reaction score
I'm overclocked to 800mhz but I can get a 1ghz kernal easy. And the refresh rate helped. Thanks guys.

Diordna

Reaction score
Mine is STILL saying "Authorizing Purchase..." still from the market! It's been a couple hours!!
I'm dying here it's 2 in the morning I want to test it lol. Guess I'll leave it like that and probably wake up to it too huh??

ugh-

don screta

Reaction score
I have the emulator and a bios file for it but I can't run any games, even made sure they were .bin files but still nothing.

Any ideas what my problem might be?

v237

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung
Hi, I'm new here and I want to play some old PS games on my Samsung phone because it's a boring home from this coronavirus situation and I need some advice of finding good PSX Emulators for playing this type of games like Resident Evil Nemesis or Crash. I found the games and any good advice or editorial on how to instal and start playing games with emulators on the phone would be appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: