New pop up adds for chrome?

ngt

Reaction score
Hey, just in the last couple of days, while browsing, these ads are popping up with a 5 second count down timer and i can't get them to stop.

Tried turning off ads, air push and deleting apps, etc etc..

Can someone please help me make this stop?

Thanks!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
It's kind of strange, I have seen posts like this on several different Forums today. And no real answer as to the cause or fix.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
It's kind of strange, I have seen posts like this on several different Forums today. And no real answer as to the cause or fix.

the bad thing is, it could be just about anything, even from apps thats been installed for years but was recently updated. I think in the end the only thing to do is to get rid of that version of chrome and try one of the other versions that is available in the play store. or even go with another browser.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
In the past I have seen this not related to Chrome, but related to an app that is using Chrome to serve it's pop ups.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I guess this could be worth a try:. Go into Settings > Apps > find Chrome and select Clear Data. That will probably revert the app back to the original version that shipped on the phone, or uninstall it. Then reboot and reapply app updates for Chrome from the Play Store

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
I erased an app that came up under air push, updated chrome, turned off ad preferences, and it happens less. Maybe 1 per half an hour of browsing. Still very annoying.

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
So, yesterday an ad popped up while the browser was off and i was just using maps...? Really frustrating

OP
ngt

ngt

Reaction score
When this happened, the last thing that happened in my v phone was a Google play update. Maybe I'll start there

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have apps set to auto update? If so, could have been an app update. Before a Factory Reset (which isn't a bad idea in this case) what about uninstalling every app ever downloaded from the Play Store? Then see how it goes and take it from there. I did that once on my wife's phone before a FDR. And as I was re-installing apps I found the problem and never used that app again. It was less time consuming than a full reset. Just something to think about.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
one thing you can do but it will take time, is to do a search and read the reviews on each app installed. with the type of popups you are getting, there will be a lot of complaints.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have seen some app reviews that say "app not work" and it works great for me. Or "app work great" and it crashes your phone. I wish reviews would require more specific details.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
yes there will be a lot of that but there will be some that is a bit more specific. it is still worth a shot since even if a restore was done, reinstalling the same apps will result in installing the popup again.