New owner in the near future and a tech question

gossamar

Reaction score
Starting to seriously look at my first "smart phone" purchase in the near future to replace my old G'Zone phone. Although I love the durability of my old phone, it has come time to update. A co-worker of mine has the HTC model and loves it and has synced his work email to the new phone. Having this email availability is a plus, but the question I have is will a current or future release droid support VPN client server and PHP based web pages? I have programs at work that I often have to "remote" into for some simple maintenance tasks and did not know if this would be possible. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Android phones are the most capable phones in existence. There are several web browsers available. You can certainly view PHP pages and although I haven't done it myself, droid does VPN. It's basically like having a laptop that's small and a phone.

Last edited:
OP
G

gossamar

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the information. I went to the store today to look around and started to ask questions. Unfortunately, the sales associate did not have any answers to the questions I asked, similar to my post. I was pressed for time, so I did not have a chance to wait for one of the more knowledgeable people. I was kind of bummed.