New OTA Update Downloading......

gator57

Reaction score
Hmmmmm what is going on Feb 13th? I have the leak 6.12.173 and it works flawlessly. It is exacally what is being pushed ota right now.... but I am clueless as to whats going on feb the 13th, whats up ?

The update that you are enjoying right now should be pushed to all Razrs by Feb 13th according to "Tech Support of Motorola Bangladash Division"

nubia

Reaction score
Got ya. you too can be enjoying it right now if you want. its soooo easy to install and you still are able to get future ota updates. ie ICS.... now thats one i am looking forward to. Cant wait! ;)

Zandar

Reaction score
Well it would seem that anyone getting the OTA are the lucky ones for I tried to get Verizon and Motorola to push it to my phone by asking nicely (didn't work) so I wanted to tell people how it went. After getting tech support on the phone at Verizon I was told that there is no update for the Razr then I said so why is it on your web site? Then all of a sudden the truth came out, its an update from Motorola I'll transfer you, then I got some guy from India (I think, it could have been some other 3rd world country where they speak and read english from a computer screen) who said " The people who have the newest version of software are randomly choosen and after that the saoftware update will be pushed to all phones by Feb 13th. The thing that makes me mad is you can't have a conversation with "Tech Support" without them saying "I understand" which finally I asked the guy to say something else besides that. Didn't work....he said "ok I understand."
Don't take it out on poor tech support; do your research before getting all uppity with Verizon. This OTA is a soak test; unless you've been specifically invited to test out the new software, you won't have it pushed to your RAZR until Verizon releases it. Verizon can't release it because Motorola hasn't certified it because the soak test hasn't concluded.

You should probably call back and apologise. I'm only halfway joking.

iguanad

Reaction score
There are many users who are receiving this ota that are not part of the soak test.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

gator57

Reaction score
"Well it would seem that anyone getting the OTA are the lucky ones for I tried to get Verizon and Motorola to push it to my phone by asking nicely" That was the part that said I was nice, it didn't work but I was nice anyway and it would seem I did my research for I have been on other sites that are reporting that the OTA is being pushed. The soak is over and now they are pushing it to random people which I believe has been posted in this thread (and I will speculate that its still just to see if there are problems)....and to all the masses by Feb 13th any thing else are observations during my conversations with people. But Thank You for the advice anyway.......

nubia

Reaction score
Gator, If I may suggestion why dont you just download the leaked version of the ota that seems to elude you. its the exact copy that you are going to get in the next week..I figure if you NEED to have it right away. just go download it and your done. .... just a suggestion....

The update that you are enjoying right now should be pushed to all Razrs by Feb 13th according to "Tech Support of Motorola Bangladash Division"

gator57

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I have seen some downloads while I can follow along I don't know if I could w/o f'ing it up...you know us old people we just don't have the tech smarts like most of you tech savy young folks

nubia

Reaction score
unless your father time you may be younger then me..... im 50 and if i can do it anyone can do it.... its really easy! trust me....

jrpbulk

Reaction score
Gator, would you rather have the not ready for prime time update, or wait a week for an update that is getting tested with real users? You will get it soon and i hope it solves your prblems

QUOTE=gator57;2006176]I'm glad someone has it, I guess the impatience on my part is that I use my phone for all internet access and its frustrating when I need to go to a site that won't download because of software issues, other than that I am happy with the phone and will have no problem using it for the next year or two.[/QUOTE]

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Reaction score
Gator, If I may suggestion why dont you just download the leaked version of the ota that seems to elude you. its the exact copy that you are going to get in the next week..I figure if you NEED to have it right away. just go download it and your done. .... just a suggestion....

Where can I get the leak, and are there any problems with it?

jrpbulk

Reaction score
"Well it would seem that anyone getting the OTA are the lucky ones for I tried to get Verizon and Motorola to push it to my phone by asking nicely" That was the part that said I was nice, it didn't work but I was nice anyway and it would seem I did my research for I have been on other sites that are reporting that the OTA is being pushed. The soak is over and now they are pushing it to random people which I believe has been posted in this thread (and I will speculate that its still just to see if there are problems)....and to all the masses by Feb 13th any thing else are observations during my conversations with people. But Thank You for the advice anyway.......

Gator exactly when did the soak test end? Do you think the test is just the ota or might it included some analysis of the findings. Patience i know how you feel

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

eidian

Reaction score

Has it been confirmed that last week's 173 leak is the same as this OTA? If it is, I'll just reflash it instead of waiting for the stupid OTA to arrive. Thanks.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

eidian

Reaction score
And what's the deal with the 174 that I was running? It was running great but I thought that the final173 might have additions that the leak might not have so I reverted back.

2.3.6 ver 174 rooted with NO problems

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I'd wait for confirmation that they are the same OTA package. The "old" one was released January 23rd if I'm not mistaken. I'm holding off for the time being.

ddfuji

Reaction score
i hate waiting for these ota's. even thoughn it is "random" i always get it on the last day.