New OTA Update Center Allows Devs to Push Updates for Custom ROMs

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ota-update-center.png

Here's a story we missed at the end of last week, but is definitely worth sharing. Some enterprising devs in the community have taken things to a whole new level for all developers. They created a service called the OTA Update Center. This new service basically allows developers of custom ROMs to push out OTA updates to folks who use their ROM. Now there is a centralized system that all Android developers can use to keep their projects up-to-date, and what's even better is that they are providing it for free. Here's a quick breakdown of everything this new service can do:
  • Add and remove OTA Updates in a centralised database.
  • Check for updates on boot of devices.
  • Check for updates manually when the person wants to.
  • Download the rom and flash it directly.
  • Download the rom without flashing.
  • Wipe data and or cache/dalvik before flashing the update.
Here's the link below. Check it out and marvel at the brilliance of this idea!

Thanks for the tip, cobravnm13!

Source: https://www.otaupdatecenter.pro/?page=home

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
What does this offer over goo.im?

You don't have to go to website to get a ROM update. It's pushed straight to the phone.

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You don't have to go to website to get a ROM update. It's pushed straight to the phone.

I don't have to do that either. goo.im notifies me that an update is available, if I agree it downloads to my device.

I certainly wouldn't want anything pushing or downloading to my phone without my explicit permission.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I don't have to do that either. goo.im notifies me that an update is available, if I agree it downloads to my device.

I certainly wouldn't want anything pushing or downloading to my phone without my explicit permission.

To each their own, I guess.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score

Could be just as promising, but as of now Goo.im's app doesn't work any better for me in terms of downloading Roms and updates than Rom Manager. Looking forward to seeing what this new project offers.