New Motorola Droid Owner (w/two questions!)

darimini

Reaction score
Hi, all:

I'm new to this forum. Just got the Motorola droid. I decided against the Incredible for two reasons: 1. I like having a physical keyboard (I was driven nuts by the lack of one on my iPod Touch whenever I tried to use it for email) and 2. the guy at the store near me gave me an awesome deal on the Motorola (presumably because he figures they'll be harder to move now that the Incredible's out).

I do have two questions, though:
- What software do people on here think is best for managing music for use on the Droid? (Please note that I know there are already many threads about the best music apps to use, but I'm talking about software that can organize the music on a pc, attach covers, create playlists, etc.)

- Why is it it that the iPod Touch (made by Apple/Mac, Microsoft's main competitor) can sync with MS Office seamlessly through iTunes, but the Droid needs to have contacts and calendar items uploaded to an online Google account and then resynced to the Droid? It seems like a small thing, but on top of being a headache that seems like it should be avoidable, it makes me a tiny bit uncomfortable (however irrationally) to be uploading that much extra personal info to an online account.

Mule65

Reaction score
You can easily set up Exchange email on Droid. Contacts, calendar, emails push, etc... is all there.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
.I'm going to welcome you to the Forum and answer your second question. This is a google phone. Its set up to run everything through google. So you have to import your outlook stuff to google. Think of the phone as google. You'll be able to deal with these inconveniences. Its easy to import the csv files just follow the instructions in your Gmail account on line.

Shusuke028

Reaction score
If you're looking to organize your Droid stuff on your pc, check out DoubleTwist. It's like iTunes for Android. Has sync and everything

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
Welcome. Have a seat. Enjoy the RIDE.

Google rocks. go with it. I use zune on my PC, but don't listen to much music on my phone.

Not much help, I know, but welcome anywho.

OP
D

darimini

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who's already posted with help!

Shusuke028 and Zahoor - Looks like DoubleTwist = btunes, right?

Hookbill - I totally understand / appreciate that it's a Google phone... I'm just (perhaps irrationally) uncomfortable with uploading that much personal information (contacts and calendar) to an online server. Does that not bother you guys?

Mule65 - Thanks, but I'm not willing to pay for outlook exchange. It's expensive, right?

And: Does everyone prefer btunes and DoubleTwist?