New Moto Z Force won't bluetooth connect to several devices my iP5s would?

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
I finally left Apple & got a Moto Z Force a week ago & love it so far. The OS learning curve is pretty steep but I'm getting there. I have noticed an issue on the Moto I didn't have with the iPhone. I was able to BT connect to my FitBit Surge & BAC tracker (breathalyzer) devices no problem with my old iPhone but can't get them to connect to my Moto Z. I got the correct apps from the play store & they launch fine but they don't recognize the devices when I do a BT search for discoverable devices? Does anyone know why this is & how to fix it. I really want to be able to use my BT devices on my new fancy phone.

Thanks for the help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the forum! :cool:

Try this. Settings > Location > 3 dot menu > Scanning > Bluetooth Scanning > turn the slider to OFF. Sometimes that prevents the phone from seeing some BT devices; and it's not needed in my opinion. I always turn it Off and never have trouble with my phone finding my current Location. Then back arrow all the way back to the home screen and try to pair them again. You may even have to reboot the phone after changing that, probably not but it never hurts.

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
Thanks for getting back to me. I tried what you said & I still don't see the FitBit in my BT list of devices. I turned on my iP5s & its not seeing it either so it might be a FitBit problem. I'll try to connect to the other device I mentioned & some BT speakers & see if they are discovered on BT now with your suggestions. Thanks for the help!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
No problem. Hope you can get it working. Maybe the BT device has a built in "factory reset" type of option?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Are you trying to pair through the phone's BT settings, out through the app? You said you downloaded the appropriate apps. Is the an option to connect in the Fitbit app?

Are the buttons on the Fitbit? You may need to hold a button for a few seconds on it to make it discoverable. I have to do that with the BT aux unit in my truck when I get a new phone.

Sent from my Pixel XL

victoriak68

Reaction score
To throw my 2 cents in (not even close to a expert here), but are you sure the 2 devices are set to be discoverable? With my headphones I have to hold the call button down a couple seconds until the light flashes blue before I can pair first time with my phone. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
To throw my 2 cents in (not even close to a expert here), but are you sure the 2 devices are set to be discoverable? With my headphones I have to hold the call button down a couple seconds until the light flashes blue before I can pair first time with my phone. Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That's what I was getting at with part of my post above. It's an easy thing to forget or overlook, especially if you setup a device with a phone a long time ago and haven't had to completely reconnect them. Once a device is remembered by the phone, it's easy to forget what you did to get it paired in the first place.

OP
King Bengals

King Bengals

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force -32G.
Thanks for all your help! It started to Sync now but not sure how or why. The fitbit does not show up on my list of BT discoverable devices like it did in iPhone. I think its a Fit Bit issue & I'll but them next. LOL.
Since I'm super new to all things Android I have a lot of other questions so please don't hate me. :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Thanks for all your help! It started to Sync now but not sure how or why. The fitbit does not show up on my list of BT discoverable devices like it did in iPhone. I think its a Fit Bit issue & I'll but them next. LOL.
Since I'm super new to all things Android I have a lot of other questions so please don't hate me. :)
Ask away. Lots of friendly knowledgeable people here who will try to help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk