New Microsoft Tool Tries to Play 'Guess Your Age' With Your Photos

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
how-old-dot-net.png

Here's a bit of fun off topic entertainment for you folks today. Microsoft has a silly and fun little tool designed to guess your age. It's actually a web-site called How-Old.net with a built-in algorithm which is practicing the old carnival "guess your age" game.

All you have to do is feed it a picture and it spits out an age that it thinks most closely fits with the image presented. Some of its predictions are laughably bad, but sometimes its pretty accurate. What's really intriguing is that it is basically a pseudo artificial intelligence that keeps getting better as it goes on.

The only limitation is that you can't upload a photo that is more than 3MB in file size. There's even a description regarding the background of the demo. Oh yeah... there's one more bonus feature... it tries to guess the gender of the person in the photo as well. Funny stuff!

Here's the link if you want to see what the site can do with a photo of you or your friends and family: How Old Do I Look

droidprincess

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Iphone 7 Plus
Twitter
droidprincesstx
I got 27!!....works for me!

sent from my fabulous Note 4♡

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
wow... 39... and my 21 year old sister got 31 and my mom who's 72 got 46..... and my dad... he's 84 he got..... 66

WAY off.....

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
One photo I got 23, another photo I got 49 LOL!

In the "49" photo I was squinting alot due to sunlight. In the "23" photo I was in a shaded area. So I think alot of the focus goes towards the eyes.

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
its funny cause I loaded a picture of my Wife with my Newborn son from almost 2 years ago and it said he was 66. lol

Rognish

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
rognish
this is just a way to get current photos of everyone.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Hahaha this thing seems broken, everyone tells me I don't even look old enough to drink and yet it thinks I'm 31

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First photo I did, it guessed 36. Then the next two I tried both got 28. I'll be 23 on the 29th so not too far off