Bluesb1ker

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4
Hello everyone. I'm Steve, new to the forums, long time Droid user. First, the original Motorola Droid, then the Droid Bionic, and most current (and apparently least flexible), a Samsung Galaxy S4. I've never rooted my phone as I have some apprehension about negative consequences. I would like to be able to switch my 4g to 3g but my new phone doesn't have the option. My service provider is Verizon and all they have done is what I had already done and that is research what's out there in Google Play for 4G to 3G toggle switches. That was tech support. The reason I want to do that is because I live in a rural area and there is some indication that turning off 4g may decrease my data usage which suspiciously increased dramatically when I bought a new phone and locked into a contract that moved me from unlimited data to a 10 gig plan. My android version is 4.4. I tried one for pay app (4g switch I think) which doesn't work and the developer hasn't responded to my email. Wow! I didn't expect my initial post to be so huge... my apologies.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum...

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member