edwart

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am eddie from ohio. I just got the verizon lg vortex about an hour ago. I already rooted it. What's next. How do I get all of this crappy pre installed stuff I wont ever use that I can't uninstall without root.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am eddie from ohio. I just got the verizon lg vortex about an hour ago. I already rooted it. What's next. How do I get all of this crappy pre installed stuff I wont ever use that I can't uninstall without root.

welcome to the forum! there are bloat freezer apps that u can load from the market. IMO I wouldn't suggest uninstall these, just in case u need to take ur device in for svc. freezing the apps maybe a better option.
now that ur rooted, it all depends what u wanna do with ur phone. its quite endless....good luck

sent from the Hawaiian D2G

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. I agree with the Princess, but there may be a way. You could use a file explorer to transfer those apps to your sd, then back them up to your pc in case you need the later. Although freezing them first to make sure you're not deleting anything that your phone needs isnt a bad idea at all. You do that with Titanium Backup.

OP
E

edwart

Reaction score
I took a backup of my system after i got rid of some of the pointless crap. Now im interested in different roms. If i understand a "rom" is pretty much the operating system of the vortex correct? And right now the "operating system" is Android 2.2.2. Correct me if im wrong, im new to the android system. I want to speed it up, install custom themes, etc etc. Any idea's?