jeallen

Reaction score
New member and this forum is definitely a necessity and I think I am going to enjoy it. Phone history ... well, 1985 bought my first cell phone. I think I still have it mounted on the post that was mounted in the floorboard of my car. It's probably close to being a 'collector's item.':)

My last phone was a Blackberry Tour. I absolutely love that phone, but it was reeking havoc on my thumbs with the typing and tractball. So, I decided to go for the latest, greatest and purchased a Thunderbolt on 3/17. I thought I could just turn it on and would be able to figure it all out. Boy, was I in for a shock! I was planning on returning it before the time period was up, but then I discovered this site and said, "Thank you, Jesus" you knew I was in over my head.

Look forward to learning more and enjoying this new technology. My first task would be to learn how to make folders and move apps into categories. I expect I will find it here. P.S. I also downloaded and printed the manual - all 339 pages. Am I crazy or what? I'll get there.

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the community and glad to have you with us. Also glad to see another NC member in the community. Im from Rocky Mount in eastern NC. Might want to give an app called ASTRO file manager. Does pretty much everything with folders and files. Any specific questions?

OP
J

jeallen

Reaction score
Thanks

I have already downloaded Astro file manager but have not looked at it yet. I am really excited about this phone. By the way, I am from Greensboro, NC. I also have relatives in Rocky Mount, NC and know the area. My Mom grew up in Bethel. :)

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow small world. Rocky mount is definitely full of surprises haha. Also go through Bethel and Conetoe a lot to do fishing at Old Sparta. The TB is suppose to be an amazing phone with unmatched speeds. Wish i could test one of them and see how it performs after tweaking it haha. Congrats on the phone tho

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! I see u met James...another SC. so much to do with Android. there are quite a few apps out there but like he said, we use Astro but check out the market.

Aloha from Hawaii...