New Member To The Droid Community

dwilli9013

Reaction score
Hello all my name is Dwayne. I have recently went the droid 2 global route with Verizon as my carrier. I am a long time Palm user starting with the Treo 650 through the Palm Pre Plus. I also have quite a few hours logged in with a blackberry tour for my work cell. I am very interested in development in the droid platform and have already rooted my droid as well as downloaded the most basic apps as outlined in the forum. I have not really gotten brave enough to try out a new rom yet but I figure with browsing some of the great tutorials on this site I will soon attempt it.
I am actually a design engineer by trade specializing in robotics and automation. Much to my wife's dismay I try to stay on top of the latest technology. So she usually loses me for about a week until I figure out the new geek toy (as she calls it) then I will start giving her a bit more attention and all is well. I went one up on her this time and when I upgraded my phone from pp+ to d2g I also upgraded her from a voyager titanium to a twin d2g but in white. So now my plan is to pull her along slowly into the geek arena. This way I don't catch as much grief as I normally would. I have thoroughly enjoyed the forums to date and hope to for some time to come. I have not posted a reply to a thread as yet but hope to soon as I don't want to come out of the gate sounding like an idiot.
I have varied interests to occupy my free time in any number of hobbies. I think one of my favorites is taking the Harley out for a head clearing roar down the back roads. During the winter months I am involved pretty heavily in ebay as a side business to supplement my tech funding. My children are all grown and onto their perspective paths in life so that means I get to spend all of their inheritance on tech toys & gadgets and motocycles and muscle cars. My how nice when you reach that stage.
Well my rant is drawing to a close so keep up the stellar tutorials that this forum seems to be abundant with and hopefully I will see you all in the threads.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Welcome! I've had the same issues with my gf, and we did exactly the same, I have the blue d2g, and my gf has the white d2g!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
D

dwilli9013

Reaction score
Same here blue for me white for her. She is not rooted though.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum - anything you need along the way, just ask :)

GB D1