New Member Introduction

Mitchdu78

Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased my first Droid phone, the Droid X. Thought I should introduce myself. I also had a quick question if anyone happened to know:

Is there an app for simulating a battery pull? I'm not looking forward to having to pull my battery every other day, which I've had to do in the 2 weeks I've had the phone.

Thanks!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Just purchased my first Droid phone, the Droid X. Thought I should introduce myself. I also had a quick question if anyone happened to know:

Is there an app for simulating a battery pull? I'm not looking forward to having to pull my battery every other day, which I've had to do in the 2 weeks I've had the phone.

Thanks!

Hi Mitchdu78 and :welcome: to the Droid Forums.

Droid doesn't require battery pulls, specially daily pulls. If you're having a need to do this then something else is wrong.

First, do you have any task killers or virus protection? If so remove them, both are not necessary and could be the source of your issue. If that's not the case then I recommend doing a Factory Data Reset out of your privacy section. This will remove all data from the phone and you will lose your apps, but when you sign back in your paid apps will be waiting for you in the Market in your Downloads and you can reload the apps you got for free.

It could be an app that is causing the issue, it's hard to say but that's not the way Droid behaves. It's not a Blackberry. If that doesn't fix your issue then take it back and get another one.

OP
M

Mitchdu78

Reaction score
I do have the "Advanced Task Killer" and "antivirus free" applications installed and running on my phone. Those were installed by the Verizon employee who sold me the phone. I will uninstall those applications hopefully that will work.

Thank you for the quick response and advice, Hook.

Is it your opinion then, that I shouldn't need a virus protection app?

Thanks again,

Mitch

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have the "Advanced Task Killer" and "antivirus free" applications installed and running on my phone. Those were installed by the Verizon employee who sold me the phone. I will uninstall those applications hopefully that will work.

Thanks again,

Mitch

No there are no viruses to protect against. It's a major resource hog. Unfortunately Verizon Reps have a lot of phones they have to deal with so some of them get information handed down to them that is not good info. The rep really has no business installing anything in your phone, but they think they are being helpful.

Uninstall task killer and virus protection. You may still need to do the Factory Data Reset, just don't put task killer and virus protection in there again and you should be fine.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to DroidForums!! No, an antivirus app is unnecessary in Android. Just make sure to read comments about the apps to see if there have been any conflicts and check the permission requests of each app.

Thanks again,

Mitch

DroidForums junkie!