New member intro

fmdente

Reaction score
Hi. I am a newbie to the group. I live in the mtns.of NC and am so glad that i found this site. I have the droidx by motorola and am having problems with the navigation. Some one posted the same problem in the droidx tech issues, but I never read a resolution. The phone talks when I enter my destination and then the thing stops talking, even if I make a wrong turn. I even took it to Verizon and they did not know what to do to fix it. Any suggestions. Thanks Mdente

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. I never really tried it out myself but im wondering if the location of where u might be is the problem? I live in the mtn area and even regular gps has connection issues.

Aloha from Hawaii...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with your X. Not sure this is the issue but

Make sure the location and security settings are correct. I have both wireless and GPS checked. Make sure the mute button is not checked.

Mike

OP
F

fmdente

Reaction score
newbie navigation probs

Thank Hawaii Princes and Mike. I have tied using the navi all over the state of NC an Vs and it acts the same way. Mike, sorry to sound stupid but where do I find the area to select the unmute. Marg

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No stupid questions. I have a Droid so my experience may be different. Open nav, tap map (upper right), in maps tap menu, the speaker icon should not have an X to the right. then check the volume.

I know this works in your area. Our son lives in the Charlotte area and I use mine every visit.

Mike

OP
F

fmdente

Reaction score
navigation

Mike, I checked the gps buttons you suggested and I have to go out tomorrow. I will let you know if it works.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
did you see an X in front of the speaker?

My addiction Droid Forums