New Member here (already asking for help)

LillieLynn

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just bought a used Droid Pro that I found on ebay and have activated it with PagePlus cellular which I have found to be the lowest price cell phone service out there, and it's reliable because it uses Verizon's system.

I love this Droid Pro except for one MAJOR problem I can't seem to solve. I cannot send or receive regular text or picture messages. Everything else seems to work great. I have tried re-activating the phone and also did an ESN reset. Nothing has worked and if I can't get this resolved I'm going to have to get rid of this great phone.

Hopefully, one of you guys out there will know and be nice enough to tell me what to do. I would appreciate it TREMENDOUSLY! About to go crazy trying to figure it out.

Thanks all, and I'm happy to have found this forum.

LillieLynn

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am not help with your issue but hopefully one of our great members will pop in with some ideas ;)...good luck!

debrad0307

Reaction score
It sounds like it might be an issuewith the provider. Have you done a factory reset on the phone since you purchased it?

OP
LillieLynn

LillieLynn

Reaction score
No, and I'm sorry to say I don't really know how to do that. Can you please advise?

Thanks so much for your reply... took me forever to find it on this forum... I'll get used to it, just had one of those technically CHALLENGING couple of days, if you know what I mean.:icon_eek:

It sounds like it might be an issuewith the provider. Have you done a factory reset on the phone since you purchased it?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum.. We hope you enjoy the phone..

Go to your phone settings.. You should see a backup & reset setting.. You will want to do a factory reset of the phone.. If you have any info you want to keep I would move them over to your computer first before doing the reset.. Once done the phone will be like just out of the box state..

Keep us posted..

Noted2x..

OP
LillieLynn

LillieLynn

Reaction score
Factory reset didn't work & page plus won't help because I didn't buy a pageplus phone. I use kittywireless.com when dealing with pageplus. They have impecably great service but they can't help with this issue either. I think it's probably just a Setting detail of some kind I have wrong.

jplemt

Reaction score
If I remember right there is something about an SMSC number in the service menu that changes how you receive and send text messages. I can't remember much more than that or even how to get into that menu anymore as most phones won't let you do it anymore from the dialer. Maybe someone else has an idea or can elaborate more.

OP
LillieLynn

LillieLynn

Reaction score
Thanks for the idea jplemt. I hope to hear more from someone. Or, if you can think of any other site or resource I could access for more info? Thanks again!

S

SFGate

Welcome to the site. Hope you were able to resolve this problem. DancingNexus