New market app is ugly and FCs a lot

dast

Reaction score
Anyone else upgraded the market app lately? Am I the only one that thinks it's a$$ ugly? Also, when I dock my D2 in the multimedia station, it starts FCing.

Bleh. I like the older version better.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Same here, has FC'd on me several times, like when updating currently installed apps. Not overly impressed with it either. :rolleyes:

bishoy

Reaction score
i LOVE the new market.... however, it does force close sometimes when updating apps though

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one
The answer is always no, no matter how you end this question. However, I don't agree that the new market is ugly and I haven't run across any FC's so far.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 0 problems with the new Market app. If you are getting force closes then it's recommended that you go to settings/applications/manage applications/all applications/Market and clear both data and cache. Hopefully that will help you out.

Phillipsave

Reaction score
What do you lose when you clear data in the market? What do you lose when you clear browser data?
Please give examples.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

CPTBeaker

Reaction score
I dislike the new market also. I don't see the advantage of obscuring ~1/2 the page with a fancy header which makes the list area smaller. WTF?? Also, how is a long scrolling list (w/expandable sections) better than a tabbed layout?

What was Google thinking? 'New' / 'Classic' view should be selectable in user settings.