New Inc2 owner....... a few questions

magnus

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just got a new Inc2 for my wife. I owned the OG droid and now the Nexus.

I'm liking Sense so far but have a few questions

- Any way to root 2.3.5? I only see walk-throughs for 2.3.3 and 2.3.4. Can 2.3.5 also be downgraded to 2.3.3 for rooting?

- What are the best Sense based ROMs out there? Keep in mind this is for my wife. Preference is bug free. I think she likes Sense so for now, we'll stick with that.....otherwise I was a huge fan of CM7 on my OG

- Coming from the OG and Nexus......Good heavens this thing is chock full of bloatware!

- We also got a home dock but the dock app is interesting. the Home dock app does not appear to be in the app drawer and also appears to run a slideshow of some built in pics.......that I can't find anywhere. Anyway of changing the default so that when the phone is inserted into the dock, the normal clock app runs...instead of the homedock app?

- Also having some difficulty having contacts sync up with FB pics. I can manually go in and link them, but don't understand why this linking is not automatic. I suspect I have overlapping contacts from VZW backup assistant and Google contacts. Any input here?

Thanks in advance

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not sure about rooting that one.
Plenty of Sense roms.
Incredible Hd, Skyraider, Twisted.
All are debloated and have newer Sense.
Yes you can pick the folder for the dock to show pics.
+more in a few+

Sent from my Incredible 2 HD using DroidForums

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Not sure how to change home dock app. Assume like anything else. Settings, manage apps, clear defaults on home dock.
Checking....

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Yes thats it. Manager apps. Dock. Clear defaults.
For Facebook I would uninstall app. Reinstall. Should then prompt again to synch contacts.

Whew. OK ive done my help someone quota for the week.
Lol

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
Thank you!

Turns out the contacts were a complete mess coming from a flip phone they were all formatted wrong. After many imports between VZW backup and google contacts...we're in business now with FB sync...but I still seem to experience some contacts that don't link up even though all the fields match. Oh well.....I'm going to conclude it's a Sense bug.

Thank you also for the ROM suggestions.....I'll check out the ROMS section in more detail.

The thing with dock is the no defaults appear to be have been set in the first place so there is nothing to clear. I also suspect that the app trya is not showing me all my apps......may need to get a custom launcher.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
The thing with dock is the no defaults appear to be have been set in the first place so there is nothing to clear. I also suspect that the app trya is not showing me all my apps......may need to get a custom launcher.

If it goes to dock mode when you dock it then that has to be set as default.
Are you sure you are looking at the right app in the app list???

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
ROOT: [Q] cannot root: hboot 2.0 ver. 2.3.5 - xda-developersurious. Did phone come with 2.3.5 or did it update itself?
If it updated itself you MAY be able to roll back to 2.3.4 by a sys reset.

OP
M

magnus

Reaction score
ROOT: [Q] cannot root: hboot 2.0 ver. 2.3.5 - xda-developersurious. Did phone come with 2.3.5 or did it update itself?
If it updated itself you MAY be able to roll back to 2.3.4 by a sys reset.

You know what? That was a mistake......I thought I had 2.3.5......I have 2.3.4

As far as the dock mode is concerned, I had previously cleared the default status from the app menu except now I can't run it to try and modify it because it won't show up in the app drawer. When i go to the app manager....I see the app, but can't run it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Screw it now he is about to root.
:)