New ICS Lockscreen (Slide THEN Pattern?)

zachhiboy

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Sorry if this has been posted already, yes I've searched the forum already.
Anyway, I'm digging ICS so far, but had a question about the new lock screen.

Is there any way to make it like GB where you can slide to the camera or other apps,
But if you want to unlock you slide THEN access the pattern lock?
Because right now, only the pattern pops up so I can't quickly go to the camera, phone, or text.

xtor

Reaction score
I have mine set up with just pattern, its fast , and secure

point of origin

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No, you can't have it both ways on ICS. It's one or the other.

A third-party lockscreen replacement gives you more options. With WidgetLocker, if I have a pattern unlock setup in the stock settings, if I slide to access the camera from the lockscreen, the pattern unlock comes up, and then, after putting in the pattern, the camera opens up. I haven't found the ability to open straight to the camera without putting in the pattern first (unless the pattern is disabled of course), but it does directly open the camera after putting the pattern in. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it's one step closer to it.

heavyvino

Reaction score
Why not just use an app locker for the apps you want to secure, thats what i do. Leave the lock screen and lock/secure the indivudal apps, works for me.

Scott B

Reaction score
Widget locker is def a must have for me on ics. I use handcent as one slider and my camera as the other. I also have a pattern screen after the unlock if I don't use one of those apps