New Here

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Hey! As the proud owner of a new Droid X, these forums seem like an excellent resource in many ways. I just bought the phone yesterday, and man is it nice! I also signed up for an unlimited data plan yesterday so coming from an LG Dare with no internet access, this is huge for me.

I primarily hope to get my phone looking nicer than stock, since certain parts of the default layout are a pretty glaring eyesore... I see Beatiful Widgets is popular; any other must-haves (while spending as little money as possible)?

Finally I am going to see how things go without getting root; voiding the warranty of such an expensive phone so soon after purchase does not sound like a great plant to me, despite the advantages.

Looking forward to my time here.

OP
Satchel_Charge
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
hmmm I've also just noticed www.droidxforums.com; I am going to sign up with the same user name there and probably will post there more as opposed to this site.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome :)

The Droid X Forums is one of our many Sister Forums - all great resources

Sent from my Droid

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good deal finding droidxforums I believe that's one of our sister sites. I would still suggest dropping in here and seeing what's going on on this side of the fence. In any case welcome to both forums and have fun.

Oh and as for customizing the phone, check out launcher pro or adw in the marketplace. They are home screen replacements that offer a lot of customization.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
Satchel_Charge
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks guys! I definitely will not abandon this site completely for the other one... by the way spaz I just searched for both launcher pro and adw, but could only find like spin off apps and skins for each of them. Can you be slightly more specific with their names or what I should search for?

OP
Satchel_Charge
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Thanks I was looking right at it :wacko: