New here and to the Droid

Threepio

Reaction score
Hello all. I just got a Motorola Droid on Saturday. So far i am LOVING it. I upgraded from a blackberry curve 8330 and i have to say this phone is lightyears ahead of the blackberyy.

I look forward to learning more about the droid, specificailly "rooting"

Later all

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Welcome aboard! Plenty to learn here! Be sure of what version of Android you're currently running if you want to root, as 2.1 is NOT rootable at this point. To find out, press menu on your home screen, then scroll to the bottom and click "About phone"

Under Firmware version, see what it says. If it says 2.0.1, you're golden. If not, there's going to be a wait (No one's sure exactly how long) to root it, as the "hole" that was found to root the software in the first place has been closed up, and a new one (if it exists) will have to be found...

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello all. I just got a Motorola Droid on Saturday. So far i am LOVING it. I upgraded from a blackberry curve 8330 and i have to say this phone is lightyears ahead of the blackberyy.

I look forward to learning more about the droid, specificailly "rooting"

Later all

Welcome, Threepio! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! The possibilities are endless for customization, even without rooting. So read, read, and read some more. You'll be amazed at how much you can teach yourself by reading the threads here in the forum!

:welcome:

OP
Threepio

Threepio

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Plenty to learn here! Be sure of what version of Android you're currently running if you want to root, as 2.1 is NOT rootable at this point. To find out, press menu on your home screen, then scroll to the bottom and click "About phone"

Under Firmware version, see what it says. If it says 2.0.1, you're golden. If not, there's going to be a wait (No one's sure exactly how long) to root it, as the "hole" that was found to root the software in the first place has been closed up, and a new one (if it exists) will have to be found...

Yea i actually force updated to 2.1 last night. I was just curious about what could be done with rooting.

I havnt had much time to browse the forum yet but im sure theres lots i dont know yet.

Im currently running helix launcher which is great. and ive downloaded LOTs of new apps. Great phone!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Hope you have as much fun with your phone as I have had with mine.

Mike