new here and to droid

staindvans

Reaction score
hi everyone, just bought a motorola droid 2 R2D2 the other week. completely new to android as well. found this forum while searching for assorted information about android so i thought i'd join.

OP
S

staindvans

Reaction score
its good so far, but since its new i play with it constantly and drain the battery. for now i'm looking for the must have accessories like a screen protector and i want to grab the vehicle mount too.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I really recommend the vehicle mount! I received it as a gift for christmas and now I don't know how I lived without it. The google navigation is incredible and free! However you should know the mount doesn't come with the car charger, that is sold seperatly. If your battery drain is high, remove the stock facebook and twitter widgets from the homescreen, I noticed a huge battery drain with those. You can use the official facebook app widget with much less drain. Also you can use the battery management in your settings to further increase your battery life.

OP
S

staindvans

Reaction score
welcome to the forum! here's a link if u haven't come across it yet.

New To Android?!? Check This Out!

Survived another tsunami...Aloha from Hawaii!!

cool i'll be sure to read through all of these. glad you survived the tsunami as well. its sad whats happening in japan.
i'm comin gfrom a windows mobile 6 phone so this is all decently new to me. i've already turned off the facebook and twitter apps, and just downloaded the normal facebook app. didn't like that it added all my facebook friends as contacts. i've looked at the battery stuff too. mostly i just have to get through the "new toy" phase and stop playing with it constantly.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
u can choose not to sync with FB. ppl have issues with that but I never did. u will find android to be much maneuverable than windows or apple. more to do BUT if done right. were u thinking about rooting? there are pros and cons to rooting thou

Survived another tsunami...Aloha from Hawaii!!