New ES File Explorer Update Brings Some New UI Changes

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

ES File Explorer made some folks pretty upset a while back when they decided to add some sneaky adware to their free software. Most people who download free apps expect some sort of ad integration. How else would app developers survive. However the expectation is for an indiscreet ad placement possibly at the bottom of the screen or somewhere less noticeable. When ES File Explorer decided to insert a lockscreen ad many long time fans chose another file explorer app.

ES File Explorer has since responded by removing the shady ad. They have also made the decision to give the app a face lift. The latest version 4.1 of the app brings a new approach to the homepage. In the new homepage you see an easier to read breakdown of the used and available space on your device. You get more shortcuts to tools within ES, and there is now a "New Files" view. This gives you easy access to freshly downloaded files. There are even more changes. Grab the update from the link below.

via Play Store

OP
DroidModderX

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bet they can see their current user base, and probably saw the drop off.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm a "one goofy move and you are out" kinda guy when it comes to products. Dropped es... Never looking back. Using the native file manger that came with my s7.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RyanPm40

Reaction score
Used ES for 5 years but I just don't trust their judgment anymore, regardless of what they do. I worry theyll try cramming even more crap in there, but just work on being more discrete so people won't notice.

boidsonly

Reaction score
I can't make up my mind between Solid Explorer and MiXplorer; the latter has a very small foorprint,

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I might have re-considered reinstalling their app with this news; but since they have been spamming me with e-mails since uninstalling the app I am definitely done with them.