New Error Message & Wire

jerryc41

Reaction score
For the past few days, I have had a message pop up occasionally: "Error connecting server." What's with that?

Also, I bought a wire that I thought I could use to charge my X. It is micro HDMI on one end and HDMI on the other. Obviously, I need USB-to-micro HDMI. So, what can I use this cable for?

Jerry

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Ah yes. I see that the charging cable is USB and the HDMI cable would plug in next to it. So, why do I need an HDMI? To show pictures & videos from the X on a TV?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Ah yes. I see that the charging cable is USB and the HDMI cable would plug in next to it. So, why do I need an HDMI? To show pictures & videos from the X on a TV?
Yes, thats precisely what that HDMI is for.

If you dont mind me asking, what exactly lead you to believe you would be able to charge your phone through the HDMI port? Also, didnt your DX come with a miniUSB cable and wall charger adapter?

OP
J

jerryc41

Reaction score
Are you implying that I am stupid? Seriously, I knew the X used an HDMI, so when I saw one for a good price, I bought it. I probably got one with the phone, but I'd rather have two than not be able to find the one I have.

The charger I got with the phone has a detachable USB cable, which is really nice because I can use it with a car charger plug that accepts a USB cable.

I just wish the X used a mini USB, rather than a micro, since I have a few of those chargers from other phones. There are too many different sizes of everything!

Jerry