New error just started yesterday...SIM card not supported

RedSectorA

Reaction score
Every time I wake up my phone a message pops up in the lock screen saying "Sorry, the SIM card is not supported (Emergency calls only)" "Please contact your service provider". This just started happening and I do have the GB update. But this seems to be a glitch or something since my phone works fine. I can get on 4g and make and receive calls no problem. So there really doesn't seem to be a problem (besides the error message) but has this happened to anyone else?

chubby22

Reaction score
I had same issue.. Did a battery pull, and it went away...

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

cbryant1809

Reaction score
Same it was after dropping phone tho

OP
R

RedSectorA

Reaction score
Yea a battery pull did the trick. BTW has anyone looked at their sim card? Mine looks like it's been in a war. Is this normal?

wowings

Reaction score
I woke up yesterday to a notification that my SIM card was not working - I could only make emergency calls, and no 3G - in fact no G. After 30 minutes with 611, VZW said my SIM card had to be replaced. Battery pulls, checking settings, and cleaning the contacts did not work. BTW, my card looked like it had been through a war, too. I went to the VZW store and they replaced the card. It is working fine now. I am still not getting VM notifications though.