New DroidX2 2.3.4 Update Gets Changelog With a Ton of Big Fixes

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droidx2-update.jpg

There may not be a host of new features with this latest 2.3.4 update for the DroidX2, but with a dozen bug fixes we can appreciate it nonetheless. When Gingerbread first made its way to the DroidX2, it had a few quirks, but this new update aims to deal with most of that. Here's a link to the Changelog below. Now, if they could just crank something like this out for the D2G, and other phones...

Source: Droid-Life and VZW - DroidX2 Update 2.3.4 Changelog

bolski

Reaction score
Do we know when the official update comes out? I'm already running it via the leaked SBF. Will it change much from the leaked SBF or should I just keep what I have?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I've heard the soak/or leak is the Exact same as verizon gets. I'd stick with what ya got...almost tempted to do the same. I guess you can always SBF back and get the Official when it releases...just my $0.02 though.

Insidious

Reaction score
Hopefully we get the d3/bionic blur, but it doesn't look like it -_- tegra 2 can totally run that if omap can!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

sharpz

Reaction score
System Update

I tried to do a system update and its not available for me either. Any ideas when it will be released?

Trip3601211

Reaction score
I tried to do a system update and its not available for me either. Any ideas when it will be released?

none whatsoever...and I've been ON TOP of this "new update." Seems to me like Verizon's as clueless as us, even though it's on THEIR site lol. Who knows...guess we'll just have to wait till that POP UP comes through the phone.

Trip3601211

Reaction score
BTW the OTA is pushed out to lines in markets...tech support confirmed this last night. Hope it reaches all soon. If anyone has gotten the OTA it would be greatly appreciated if you post and let us know. If you could confirm what state your in that would be great info as well. NYC and Nebraska so far is what I've come across reading sooo many forums. Thanks :)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

pizza3

Reaction score
Got it

I just received notice and so I downloaded and installed it. Took about 11 minutes. Only thing I quickly noticed is that my battery after all the downloading and installation actually INCREASED from 90 to 100. That is what I call a good download. How did they do that? I read the PDF but I don't use a lot of the media stuff. What else should I notice or be aware of?

Insidious

Reaction score
I just received notice and so I downloaded and installed it. Took about 11 minutes. Only thing I quickly noticed is that my battery after all the downloading and installation actually INCREASED from 90 to 100. That is what I call a good download. How did they do that? I read the PDF but I don't use a lot of the media stuff. What else should I notice or be aware of?

Is there new blur??? :DDDDDDDDDD

pizza3

Reaction score

Is there new blur??? :DDDDDDDDDD

How could you tell? I still don't know what "Blur" actually is in terms of everyday use.
In going over the PDF I didn't see one thing that would really help me except for that pesky 63 character limit on hotspot password. But they don't say what the new limit is. Is it infinite? I hope so.

Last edited:

interfac9

Reaction score
I downloaded it, but it kept failing the install.... ended up SBF'ing the .232 build and it finally installed... Must've been all the hacking :0)

Trip3601211

Reaction score
At least your ANOTHER person getting the OTA. Im am saddly still waiting =( sick of manually checking system update every hour or so to find nothing =(

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums