New Droidster...long time Palm addict

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I've been a Palm OS user since 1997.

I've evolved from Palm V -->Samsung SPH-I300 -->SPH-I330 --> SPH-I500 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 700P --> Centro --> Droid!

Still coming to grips with the loss of Outlook sync out of the box, and one handed texting. However, I was done with Palm's blatant disregard for innovation and they descend from the zenith of technology firms is still unbelievable to me.

This is my first Verizon phone (I don't count the Airtouch days) and my first Motorola unit. Please don't fail me.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Read everything and learn a lot, we all have in just a few days. Glad you went to this side rather than WebOS.

Did you consider the Pre at all?

OP
jrocketdroid

jrocketdroid

Reaction score
I considered the Pre for literally a day. I went to the Sprint store and tested it. Didn't like the feel of it, as it felt cheap and too small. I had no problems with the keyboard as it was Centro-esque. I wanted a bigger screen and a physical keyboard, and the Droid fit the bill. Now, if someone could jailbreak the pinch-to-zoom feature for the whole system (I'm not that technologically savvy) then there would be nothing that the IDon't fanboys could say bad about this phone.