New Droid X user and data plan finally

tedvdm

Reaction score
Well, I finally did it. I'm a Verizon customer and have been avoiding data plan for a long time. Been holding on to a Treo 700p for about 3 years to keep from having a data plan forced on me, but still have a smart phone. I was up for a "new every 2" deal, and with my company's discount, decided to get the Droid X, and a data plan. I went in with the expectation of buying the Incredible, but they had the Incredible and the X beside each other on the wall, and I'm a screen real estate guy, and when I saw them side by side, plus the X with a supposed longer battery life, I went with the X. So far I love it. I still can't get a signal worth anything in my house, so my justification for the data plan by getting rid of the land line in hopes of this phone picking up better may not happen, but unlimited web and email for $24 a month was hard to pass up.

Look forward to learning lots of fun things on this forum.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The X is a very solid phone and will provide a large amount of viewing space.
Check out the entire X section in the Forum.

If you are not able to receive a good signal have you tried updating your phone *228?

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum and Congrats on the X

Sent from my Original Droid using the Exclusive Droid Forums App (Available Free in the Market) :wink:

OP
T

tedvdm

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I found out after this post that, while the phone shows the same coverage or lack there of, this phone actually does much better not dropping calls. So, after upgrading my wife's phone in a few weeks, looks like the land line may be gone after all.

BalistikBill

Reaction score
Welcome. Enjoy your new DX its what I have an its awesome. Thinking about rooting?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

rcali001

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
...welcome to to the forum tedvdm!

...sent from my Rooted Droid 1 @ 1.25ghz using tapatalk