New Droid user

christuan

Reaction score
Helllo!

New Droid user here, looking forward to learning as much as possible.

Thanks for having me!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, I see you got a new D2G there eh?

Part of me wants to get one even though I'm hardly ever 'going global' lol.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the Droid 2 sections by clicking the Forum link above.

Enjoy your time with us.

Mike

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection. (And do you really want to explain to your loved ones that, no matter how cute he or she is, that you really want to keep them?)

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
:welcome: to the forum!

Standard rules apply:

Play nice. No flames. Keep it clean. Keep it family friendly. Don’t double-post. Don't feed the Mods, SMods, or Admins. They'll follow you home if you do, so really, it's for your own protection. (And do you really want to explain to your loved ones that, no matter how cute he or she is, that you really want to keep them?)

So, glad to have you on board! Have fun! :)

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

And regardless of what FBM said...you can feed us a little LOL...seriously, jump in and enjoy!! Congrats on the Droid!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums.
Enjoy your stay with us. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
C

christuan

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome, all!

I've obviously got a few days of reading ahead of me, very impressed with what I've seen so far!

Canadroid: Yes, it's the Global. Not that I'm doing a ton of travel. They didn't have any Droid 2's in stock when I went to the store, so the rep sold me the Global at the 2's price.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Keep an eye on the battery life. Some users have complained of TERRIBLE battery life on the Global. If it seems crappy take it back to the store and ask about a replacement or order an extended battery. :)

OP
C

christuan

Reaction score
Keep an eye on the battery life. Some users have complained of TERRIBLE battery life on the Global. If it seems crappy take it back to the store and ask about a replacement or order an extended battery. :)

Thank you, it's one of the first things I started to pay attention to. Of course, being the man/child that I am, I spent about 45 minutes sitting in my truck in the parking lot of the mall playing. Jeez that thing got hot. Turned off all the unessentials, switched over to the CDMA network and it's cooled of considerably. Just finishing up it's 1st full-power cycle right now.

Thanks again!