new droid sync to mac

marksman

Reaction score
Hey just got a new moto droid yesterday and the thing is outsmarting me already. Could anyone tell me a good app/software to sync mr droid to my mac snow leopard???? Also had a moto krave and it still has all my music and pics how do I transfer them to my new droid. tried bluetooth no luck would not pair. Can I do something with the sd card??? Any help is more than greatly appreciated. thank you.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a Mac Book Pro with Snow Leopard so perhaps I can help.

There are several applications that will sync your Droid with your Mac very similar to how the iPhone syncs. The most popular one seems to be Sync mate (SyncMate ? Mac OS sync software: sync Windows Mobile Mac, sync Nokia Mac, sync Mac PC, sync PSP and backup mac | Activesync for Mac). I do not use any third party applications to sync.

Over 95% of the music that I have in iTunes I loaded myself. I was able to click and drag every song onto the SD card of my Droid. There is a application called DoubleTwist (Sync Android, PSP, BlackBerry, Pre: doubleTwist with Amazon MP3) is very similar to iTunes. I do not use this application either.

If you want to move your music and photos from your Mac to your Droid try this:

Mount your Droid via the USB cable.

Open the icon "no name"which is the SD card of your Droid.

Create a folder on the SD card for music and for photos

Open iTunes or iPhoto and drag the music to the music folder and the photos to the photos folder.

When you are finished, make sure that you "EJECT" your no name (phone) icon before you pull the USB.

Hope this helps. If you have other questions just post them

Mike

Last edited:

js5459

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm currently using Syncmate. Downloaded free version several days ago. What can I say? This tool seems to work fine, haven't faced any glitches. But note, that syncmate can sync your android and mac via google account only. I mean you have to sync mac to google first, and after data will be automatically synced with your phone (just enable google <=> android autosynchronization). Anyway, sync process is fast and - the main advantage of syncmate - it is FREE (google contacts and calendar sync). I like it and as I need to sync only contacts and calendar- syncmate is perfect for me.
Detailed info about how to sync your mac and android with syncmate you can find here SyncMate - Mac synchronization: sync Mac Windows Mobile, sync Mac Nokia, sync several Macs, sync PC, sync Mac Sony PSP | Backup Mac online, Google sync - click at andoid in the header.

GolfGuy54

Reaction score
mwhartman. i am trying to do what you posted above. i mounted my droid. made a "music" folder on the SD card, then when i drag a song from my itunes to the "music" folder either i get a error message saying the action cannot be completed OR absolutely nothing happens. any tips? also, when i try to eject my phone it says it is in use. not sure if it is just taking years to move the file to the folder, but it doesnt seem that is happening.

claustin

Reaction score
Doubletwist is probably the most popular. You can sync playlists and to a lesser extent photos and videos, the latter two being more drag and drop. It also is connected to amazon's mp3 store and the google market. I personally prefer iSyncr on the market (paid version) because it syncs playcounts. Not sure if DT does that too but I kinda' gave up on it because it would sync once and then never sync again unless i formatted my SD card, but they may have fixed that by now. You can also set your mac address book to sync with your google account which you can in turn sync with your Droid. Calendar's a bit more tricky and i never really got it to work the way i wanted but I think it's possible.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
mwhartman. i am trying to do what you posted above. i mounted my droid. made a "music" folder on the SD card, then when i drag a song from my itunes to the "music" folder either i get a error message saying the action cannot be completed OR absolutely nothing happens. any tips? also, when i try to eject my phone it says it is in use. not sure if it is just taking years to move the file to the folder, but it doesnt seem that is happening.

Try dragging the entire album. If you have single's create a play list then drag the list to your Droid.

My senses is that the "in use" is being sent because the transfer has not been completed and the SD card is still trying to add the data to the music folder.

Do any of your songs make the transfer?

Let us know if this helps.

Mike

GolfGuy54

Reaction score

Try dragging the entire album. If you have single's create a play list then drag the list to your Droid.

My senses is that the "in use" is being sent because the transfer has not been completed and the SD card is still trying to add the data to the music folder.

Do any of your songs make the transfer?

Let us know if this helps.

Mike
sorry, it doesnt work. i searched and there is a thread where another member had the same exact problem. doubletwist works great so i am just going to stay with that. thanks for the help.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad DT worked and that is all that counts.

Mike

Robslaw

Reaction score
[
If you want to move your music and photos from your Mac to your Droid try this:

Mount your Droid via the USB cable.

Open the icon "no name"which is the SD card of your Droid.

Create a folder on the SD card for music and for photos

Open iTunes or iPhoto and drag the music to the music folder and the photos to the photos folder.

When you are finished, make sure that you "EJECT" your no name (phone) icon before you pull the USB.

HELP!!!! I am completely lost. Every time I plug in my usb to the mac it tells me the "Disk I insert for this computer is not readable". Why? What do I have to do to get Mac book pro to recognize my droid?

thx
Bob