New Droid owner

tx_angel

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the Droid family. Got a Droid 2 Global for Christmas and am slowly getting used to the differences between it and my BlackBerry Storm!

Today I received a replacement phone because my first one overheats and I am in the process of switching from "old" Droid to the new one, but I can't figure out how to remove the content from the SD card.

Looking forward to learning more in the days ahead.

Angela from Texas

D

dankarlinski

what do you mean by "move the content"?

things that are on your SD carrd will automatically be found wth the new phone

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello. I am new to the Droid family. Got a Droid 2 Global for Christmas and am slowly getting used to the differences between it and my BlackBerry Storm!

Today I received a replacement phone because my first one overheats and I am in the process of switching from "old" Droid to the new one, but I can't figure out how to remove the content from the SD card.

Angela from Texas

First, let me just advise you that with a lot of activity these phones can get hot. Unless it crashes from the heat, then it's not overheating. Read about maximum processor temperatures, they can go quite high.

Now about the SD card. The easiest way is to just take the SD card out of the new D2 and put it in your new D2. You can also mount the old D2 and put a copy of it on your desktop.

SD card info does not automatically transfer over.

OP
T

tx_angel

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Hook. There were some other issues with the first phone and after having to do a factory reset on the phone it was decided that the heat may have been an issue so they sent a new one just in case.

I have just finished setting up the new phone and it did get quite hot. As long as it stays at a comfortable temp while talking, I can handle it. I have a cover/case for the phone but never used it with the first one because the phone was always so hot. I kinda like the feel of the phone without a cover, so I am undecided if I even want to try it. Now back to customizing my D2! :)

D

dankarlinski

Angela from Texas

First, let me just advise you that with a lot of activity these phones can get hot. Unless it crashes from the heat, then it's not overheating. Read about maximum processor temperatures, they can go quite high.

Now about the SD card. The easiest way is to just take the SD card out of the new D2 and put it in your new D2. You can also mount the old D2 and put a copy of it on your desktop.

SD card info does not automatically transfer over.

just to clarify, i did mean that just switching the SD cards would cause the new phone to populate the info (pics, music, etc) on the new phone. maybe i mis-represented what i ment