New Droid 2 Member

nmatias81

Reaction score
I'm new to VErizon and just bought a Droid 2. Just switched from another Android phone My Touch from TMobile.

Was wondering if anyone knew how to change the the default view in "Contacts". It automatically chooses all contacts. I want the phonebook to display my GMail contacts when searching for contacts. This became a even bigger problem when I added my Facebook Account under My Accounts section. Any idea on how to change Default "Group View" in Contacts.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum

I don't have a Droid 2 but I am sure your question can be easily answered by one of our D2 owners :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I have a Droid and my search settings by tapping menu, search, tap searchable items, select.

Lets move this to the Droid 2 general discussion section and let the folks there reply.

Mike

DTaylor

Reaction score
Hi, welcome. From the home screen, tap the contacts icon. It will pull up all contacts by default. There is a bar at the top of the screen under the notification bar that will read "Contacts: All Contacts". Tap it and you can choose gmail contacts.

OP
N

nmatias81

Reaction score
Thnx guys, I was clicking on menu then display groups. But tapping that top bar might be a little easier. Was hoping I could set it to default to gmail contacts instead of Display All. Its a lil annoying when I try texting or doing a search for contact, it always defaults to All Contacts. Its probably only a problem if you setup a Facebook account cuz it displays all those contacts as well. I just removed my FB acct to avoid that.