NEW BIONIC....3G issue>>Wont connect to 3g during activation!

PremierGT

Reaction score
yea, i went about an hour. looks like it's good now. just had me a little worried. hope everyone is enjoying their Bionics!! it's like Christmas!

ceh21

Reaction score
Same problem here. Picked the phone up at 9:15 AM. Still waiting on activation. Most of the people in the Verizon store were also waiting for their new bionics to activate. Initially, we thought that some were having success with a repeated battery pulls, but it seems to have been just luck. If you are near a 4g network it seems to have no problem booting up on it.

ceh21

Reaction score
Mine took a little bit to activate but eventually did

Did you do anything differently to get it to work? Or just repeatedly try? Did you ever get the authentication failed contact customer support or try again message? Or did it just stay on the authenticating please wait menu for a while? :p

qwiksilver96

Reaction score
Verizon is aware of the issue - in NC and SC

I spoke with a VZW tech. He said that they are aware of the issue. He did not elaborate as to what the cause is, but alas, that is irrelevant at this point. VZW is working diligently on putting a solution in place.

Oh, and I'm in the same boat as those of you with this issue.

JRobzilla

Reaction score
Instead of chiming in with more disappointing news, I will say that after 4 1/2 hours I now have my data network. Patience is key here, it seems.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I just hope they put more activation servers online for tomorrow which will be the really busy day.
Everybody who ordered online and on the phone will be getting phones and it'll be crazy.

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have data but only if i set the network mode to cdma only which is fine today as i am out if town and not in a 4g area. Just thought i would make a note of that to see if that is the same for others

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ceh21

Reaction score
Update - working for me now. Just keep trying every hour or so. :p

You will notice the "3G" logo in top right-hand corner start to show up off and on during the authentication process if its actually going to work that time.

edon82

Reaction score
You have to change the battery setting if its set to power saver or something it wont connect to 3g under s certain charge
Did it earlier and worked fine

JustinReed86

Reaction score
Well after 32 hours (yes three two) my new DROID BIONIC will not activate. Yesterday at approximately 2pm I got my phone. I have been trying to activate it ever since. I have contacted Verizon Wireless about 6 times and spent numerous hours on the phone with them and they keep telling me to keep trying and thats it is the server. From what I can gather, the phone is searching for a 4G network and not wanting to use the 3G network. I have debated on driving some 60 odd miles to the nearest 4G network just to get the thing to work.

Is there something else I need to do other than put the battery in, turn it on, and press the Android?

Last edited:

shamus

Reaction score
I would call them and insist they send a return label. Which I would pack the phone into and drop it in the mailbox. I wouldn't be willing to wait nearly that long. But that's me.
My phone activated over 3g, there is not 4g anywhere near me.

JustinReed86

Reaction score
Have you tried turning off lte?
Also if you have called *228 that could be the problem

I cant get into my settings. The only calls that I can attempt to make are emergency calls. When I got and enter *228 it says "Sorry, this SIM card is not recognized or registered. Please contact your wireless service provider."

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I cant get into my settings. The only calls that I can attempt to make are emergency calls. When I got and enter *228 it says "Sorry, this SIM card is not recognized or registered. Please contact your wireless service provider."

if you called *228 prior to the phone being activated properly that could be the problem.
theres a good chance that you deactivated the SIM card and it needs to be replaced.
call *611 and have them send a new one out unless you're able to get into a VZW store and get one yourself.