New android user HTC Rezound

elan5

Reaction score
Hey guys. So yesterday I purchased an HTC Rezound and I am essentially a brand new android user. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for launchers (which I have been struggling to decide on,) apps, widgets, and overall customization. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

DROID11

Reaction score
New rezound user here, not new to android at all though. As far as launchers, keep sense. Sense is the best android skin IMHO and it allows for some neat customizations and animations. My recommendation on apps start of course at the browser: Dolphin HD is awesome. For messaging I use handcent. I use the ics keyboard and swype, depending if I feel like doing one or 2 handed typing. If you're a twitterholic, like I am, I suggest tweetcaster or plume. Games I like are hanging with friends, temple run, cut the rope, angry birds and any of the ones you'll hear about from a lot of people. They're neat, quick and easy. Other apps I use: Netflix, YouTube, Droid forums and Google play

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I like Sense too but I wanted my phone to look different from everyone else's. I use GO Launcher. It's one of the best and most popular out there. I'm using the neon blue theme with wallpaper from right here at DF. I'm also using written time and written battery levels instead of numbers. Check out the Rezound screen shot thread and that will give you an idea about what is possible. There are some nice set ups out there. I'm one of the last posts in the thread right now and I'm not rooted. You can do a lot without root as far as customization.

As far as what apps to pick. You'll change up your phone a few times until you make it yours. The best advice I can give is read the reviews. The people who write them are brutally honest. If you stick with the ones rated at 4 stars or more you should be OK.

This was posted using my Rezound.

Last edited:
OP
E

elan5

Reaction score
Yeah I am currently using Go Launcher and I like it a lot. I've spent about 4 hours customizing and I am just now finding out what I like the best. Do you guys know what could have happened to the clock widget to make it disappear? It appears in my list of applications but I can't add it to the home screen. Also, how can I avoid seemingly slower speeds while using launchers other than sense? It just seems the phone is slower.

OP
E

elan5

Reaction score
Also, any ideas to why whenever I receive a message I get a duplicate? I am using Go SMS and I turned off the notifications in the generic message app, and yet I still have the same problem.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
If you look around there are plenty of threads on how to keep your phone's performance up. The basics are keep your cache clean. The more Widgets you have the slower it will be. Tweak your launcher settings. Some affects will slow your phone down some. Move everything that can be moved to your SD card. Many of your apps can be moved. If you're not using a preinstalled app, don't update it. That info will just waste space. Don't use task killers either. They can mess up your phone. Only use them if you have a problem app that you need to kill. None of these tips in and of themselves will make a huge difference but used together it will help. I'm sure I left out a few more tips but browse the site some and I'm sure you'll find more.

This was posted using my Rezound.