New 360 Design

etx_droid

Reaction score
Looks flippin' sweet!

198859-xbox360slim1-big_original.jpg

Comes with 250 GB hard drive and built in wireless. Suppose to be a lot cooler and quieter...they should give everybody that owns a 360 one of these FOR FREE.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Outside looks nice, but what really matters is the inside and hopefully some upgraded/improved components that will get rid of that freaking RROD. The failure rate of the Xbox 360 is to high if its played all the time, it will eventually fail.

OP
etx_droid

etx_droid

Reaction score
Outside looks nice, but what really matters is the inside and hopefully some upgraded/improved components that will get rid of that freaking RROD. The failure rate of the Xbox 360 is to high if its played all the time, it will eventually fail.

Agreed, I've had one fail on me...so far the replacement has been solid.

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
The newer consoles, including this one, have a new chip set with a smaller die. The RROD has been practically eliminated. I know that my new one is so quiet I don't hear it. I have a wireless on mine and a 120g HDD. However, I wished I'd of waited to return my old one, cause I would have dropped the additional 100 bucks for this one, it looks SwEeT!

bamfsig45

Reaction score

I own 3 360's and they have all red ringed at one point or another. I have one on a shelf now that I have yet to get fixed "again"

DessoThumbs

Reaction score

I own 3 360's and they have all red ringed at one point or another. I have one on a shelf now that I have yet to get fixed "again"

I had 2 launch consoles RROD on me and my brother had 3 total. MS screwed up releasing it in such a hurry without full quality assurance in place.

ggtus

Reaction score
Its a beaut, and since ths is my 2nd rrod I'm just gonna saveup for this one

ggtus

Reaction score
How about : bring in your rrod xbox and get a new xbox 360 courtesy of microsoft :)

gdizzle4545

Reaction score
How about : bring in your rrod xbox and get a new xbox 360 courtesy of microsoft :)

HA! All hell would break lose if that ever happened. As for me, I've only had the RROD only once. Well actually twice but the first time I just left it there unused for about a day and then it started working again.

btw if anyone ever wants to put together a nice demo team on mw2, I'm your guy. Add me -- Gdizzle4545

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look for one that has a Jasper motherboard. They run cooler. Look above the A/V port, if it says12V------12.1A it should be a Jasper. Some places say look at the power supply, dont. MS still used old power supplys. U can actually see this 12.1A number without opening the packaging. U may have to soft it over a lil with your finger to see. All this might be a moot point tho. I think all newer 360's come with a Jasper. But, u never know...

10408d1276772834-new-360-design-xbox360c.jpg

The re-designed case, (which they shoulda done years ago) cooler chip....this will be just fine...

Attachments

• xbox360c.jpg
    xbox360c.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 461

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This what i've been waiting for. I went threw to many 360's so I've been a PS3 guy for about a year now. I love my PS3 but the I miss my old 360 friends. Their online experience blow PS3 away!! PS3 online play not so good.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Valhalla: Inside the New 250GB Xbox 360 Slim - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/18/new-xbox-360-gets-a-proper-teardown-analysis-power-and-noise-re/

So the 360 went from a 65nm chip to a 45nm chip, which uses even less power and produces even less heat.....redesigned case for better airflow, ....this is the best 360 yet. They are seriously trying to do something about the RRoD issue. I applaud Microsoft for this.

Still watch em tho. They may try to sneak old chips out there. So the Jasper is still good, but it may be time to find a way to spot Valhalla motherboards out there. I'm guessing, but maybe that number I pointed out for Jasper's may be smaller for the new Valhalla boards.

EDIT: yup, there might be a new number to look for:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_hardware#List_of_revisions

Well the wiiki said that board is only on the slim 360 so maybe no more scavanger hunts? I would check just to make sure tho.