Never Hurts to Ask

hradek422

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Proud owner of the Galaxy S3 since August. I consider myself to be a power-user, so I'm on my phone pretty much always. Since that is the case, the battery in my phone lasts me all of about 4-5 hours. But I discovered a little trick today that I wasn't aware was possible, because Verizon isn't supposed to tell you about it:

If you have any kind of employer discount for Verizon through the company you work for, a lot of times you actually get a special "Accessory Discount" through them as well.

Well tonight, I went to the Verizon store with a friend and he was getting stuff taken care of with his phone. The sales rep asked as we were leaving "Can I get you guys any accessories or anything?" She showed me the portable battery packs (4000mAh) for $79.00. I went and saw they have a 9000mAh pack made specifically for Samsung Galaxy devices (Includes a standard 11-pin phone cable, as well as the 30-pin tablet cable) for $99.00. I was very interested, so I asked "What kind of deal can you cut me?" while not expecting more than a laugh. She actually looked me up, and gave me a 25% discount because of my line discount. I walked out paying $74.00 for a $100.00 portable battery pack. Now I can Ingress to my heart's content.

To those who don't know, the standard S3 batter is 2100mAh. This pack will charge my phone 4 times + before I have to recharge it.

TLDR; Asked for a deal, unexpectedly got one, and a GOOD one at that.

Just goes to show, it never hurts to ask. :)

CoolGadgetGeek

Reaction score
I also got 25% dc from Verizon store by bringing a friend of mine who works at LG. (Bit ironic that I brought LG guy to get DC on buying Samsung stuff)

Anyhow, my galaxy s3 battery lasts only bout 2-3 hrs max, I don't know what the heck's wrong with it. I guess I'll just have to wait to get my hand on the Galaxy S4!!

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I also got 25% dc from Verizon store by bringing a friend of mine who works at LG. (Bit ironic that I brought LG guy to get DC on buying Samsung stuff)

Anyhow, my galaxy s3 battery lasts only bout 2-3 hrs max, I don't know what the heck's wrong with it. I guess I'll just have to wait to get my hand on the Galaxy S4!!

You going to buy a new phone because the removable battery in your S3 is flaky, yea ok, have you tried a new battery, they are really cheap, you can get a two pack for like ten bucks on Amazon out eBay.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums