Network connection

Chasity_Parker

Reaction score
After my s3 has been dike for a bit and the screen has already locked (where it is black and u have to press the power or home button to to bring up the Lock screen.. it takes my phone a minute to connect back to the network. I have unlimited data on my plan. So

Is there a way I can change it so that it stays connected. I have went in settings and clicked on data usage and mmade sure that the use data connection was on. But it still does it and when I check it again the use data usage is off again after I just turned. It on????

Thank you

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Settings - WiFi - Advanced - Keep WiFi on during sleep - Always on

Should stay on now, but be aware this does tax the battery more.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Settings - WiFi - Advanced - Keep WiFi on during sleep - Always on

Should stay on now, but be aware this does tax the battery more.

Keep in mind that this is just for when you're connected to WiFi. If your phone is disconnecting from the mobile network regularly when it goes to sleep (and you're not on WiFi), something isn't right.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Sorry, misread post. Somehow assumed it was for WiFi not data. In which case b could be right somethings not right. I'd say do a battery pull, reset it, and give it a few days to see if it resolves itself. Otherwise I'd look further into it with VZW.

OP
C

Chasity_Parker

Reaction score
No i did not know that. I am new and do not understand everything about the form and how to do....
Thank you. Would you mind telling me how to edit?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
No i did not know that. I am new and do not understand everything about the form and how to do....
Thank you. Would you mind telling me how to edit?

Look at the bottom right hand corner of the box where your post is. There's a button that says "Edit Post." Click that and you'll be able to make changes and save them.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind that this is just for when you're connected to WiFi. If your phone is disconnecting from the mobile network regularly when it goes to sleep (and you're not on WiFi), something isn't right.

This is totally true. The device should hold a cellular data registration all the time.