Network (3g and WiFi) Drops Overnight...

jrredho

Reaction score
Hey All, I really do appreciate all the help I've been receiving on this forum. Hopefully this is the last of my novice, possible dumb, questions: I plug my phone in overnight and use it as an alarm clock. One thing I've been noticing consistently is that my mobile network (3g---no 4g at home, fringe area for 3g signal) and my home wifi (WiFi setting to "Keep on when plugged in" and Power Setting at Performance) both drop around 4 or 5am. I have to have to toggle Airplane mode to get it back. Is this a known thing with the Rezound? Is there a way to make this more robust? Thanks! cheers, john

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey All, I really do appreciate all the help I've been receiving on this forum. Hopefully this is the last of my novice, possible dumb, questions: I plug my phone in overnight and use it as an alarm clock. One thing I've been noticing consistently is that my mobile network (3g---no 4g at home, fringe area for 3g signal) and my home wifi (WiFi setting to "Keep on when plugged in" and Power Setting at Performance) both drop around 4 or 5am. I have to have to toggle Airplane mode to get it back. Is this a known thing with the Rezound? Is there a way to make this more robust? Thanks! cheers, john

That's certainly odd. I wouldn't call this a known issue. Perhaps one of the apps you have installed is causing this..or possibly Verizon is working on 4G in your area..??

OP
J

jrredho

Reaction score
Perhaps one of the apps you have installed is causing this..or possibly Verizon is working on 4G in your area..??
Hmm. I don't really have my phone loaded up with apps; I certainly don't have anything extraordinary. One thing I do with the commonly-syncing ones, like TweetDeck and Facebook, is to turn off syncing in each app. Oh and up until about two months ago, we had little to no 1x! (We live in mountains about 25 miles from a metro area.) In fact I have a Verizon network extender in my house to enable making mobile phone calls at all because of that. Now I'm wondering if the network extender has something to do with it... Thanks! cheers, john

OP
J

jrredho

Reaction score
Hmm. I don't really have my phone loaded up with apps; I certainly don't have anything extraordinary. One thing I do with the commonly-syncing ones, like TweetDeck and Facebook, is to turn off syncing in each app. Oh and up until about two months ago, we had little to no 1x! (We live in mountains about 25 miles from a metro area.) In fact I have a Verizon network extender in my house to enable making mobile phone calls at all because of that. Now I'm wondering if the network extender has something to do with it... Thanks! cheers, john

Okay, so I'm bumping this to follow up on things because I'm pretty sure that I've figured it out.

As I mentioned, I live in a fringe reception area, so way back when I made the original post, after a bit of a search I found this little nugget:
xda-developers - View Single Post - Rezound - Issues List

After I followed the directions in that link to get out of the eHRPD mode, my wifi connection began staying up all night. But here's the kicker: I had to restore from an old nandroid backup and it re-set the phone to eHRPD mode; I immediately began to have overnight connections problems. Once I re-made the change those problems went away again.

Hope this helps someone else out there in phone land...

cheers,
john