Netflix

kkeys147

Reaction score
SO, is it working for anyone? I'm box stock, never rooted.
Once logged in, the app opens and functions until I try to stream something. Usually it gets to a playback screen with scroll bar across the bottom - then kicks back to the apps home screen.
Menu button does nothing so it's not like I can change a setting. My account is unlimited streaming +1 dvd.
Judging by the reviews in the market, they appear to be experiencing a functionality gap.

Working for you folks with the sweet ROMs?

justin090435

Reaction score
Bone stock Droid charge. I log in and it immediately kicks be out. Btw, anyone else notice it suppose the Droid bionic??

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

SteveIrv

Reaction score
SO, is it working for anyone? I'm box stock, never rooted.
Once logged in, the app opens and functions until I try to stream something. Usually it gets to a playback screen with scroll bar across the bottom - then kicks back to the apps home screen.
Menu button does nothing so it's not like I can change a setting. My account is unlimited streaming +1 dvd.
Judging by the reviews in the market, they appear to be experiencing a functionality gap.

Working for you folks with the sweet ROMs?

Well...looks to me like Netflix and/or the marketplace have a slight tech "misunderstanding". Netflix listed the Droid 2 and Droid 3 today as being compatible devices. The D2G isn't on the list, but.....the Marketplace says the D2G is a compatible device and allows the download/install.

And then the app doesn't work......

They must not know that the D2 and the D2G are NOT the same phone...

OP
K

kkeys147

Reaction score
Fair enough on the difference between the D2 and the D2G.
I was actually content to wait until after the Gingerbread OTA; but since the new list came out including D2 and also other devices running Froyo... When it was there in the market I thought it might work. I'm sure it will eventually.

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Fair enough on the difference between the D2 and the D2G.
I was actually content to wait until after the Gingerbread OTA; but since the new list came out including D2 and also other devices running Froyo... When it was there in the market I thought it might work. I'm sure it will eventually.

I thought so too...I've been playing with it all evening without any luck. Tried it with my phone rooted and not....nope, no luck.

I don't know how it works fine on some devices using Froyo and we're told it will only work on the D2G with Gingerbread <shrug>.....

Ryujin13

Reaction score
I was able to download it and log in just fine...haven't tried to watch a video yet though

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Ryujin13

Reaction score
Attempted to stream a video and the app just restarts itself

SteveIrv

Reaction score
Looks like the Marketplace got their "misunderstanding" cleared up. I think they had the old version available and were telling us it was a new version......

Anyway......just downloaded/installed Netflix on my bone stock D2G and it now works like a champ.

OP
K

kkeys147

Reaction score
Just updated from the market and it's streaming for me as well. Very nice!

jojoferari

Reaction score
Working for me... pretty awesome too!

ExodusC

Reaction score
Tested it last night on HeXen.

When did the Droid 2 Global become supported? I had checked the Market a few times, but never could get Netflix to show up.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

DmdStar

Reaction score
Tested it last night on HeXen.

When did the Droid 2 Global become supported? I had checked the Market a few times, but never could get Netflix to show up.

Sent from my Droid 2 Global via Tapatalk.

Also installed and working with streaming on HeXen! In regards to when? It has to be REALLY recent... like this week, cuz I haven't seen a working Netflix, other than queue management until now. Too bad they're jacking their prices up in a month. Sigh...