need urgent help, modified build.prop lol oops

rboutin2

Reaction score
I had modified my build prop on my old maxx, to amke it a lt18i for gameloft games. On my new razr, trying to download nova 2 hd, i modified the build prop again, same way, and made it an lt18i, and it didnt work. So i went back in, and redid it to make it a droid 3, via these instructions:
How To Get Modern Combat 3 And Other Games To Run - DroidRzr.comnd now, it loads to the lockscreen, sits there for a sec, and then reboots. U cna use it for a few seconds before it reboots. is there anyway to fix this?

btw i was on the latest update, and rooted, but otherwise stock, with no modifications. Just rooted, and changed my build.prop.

Last edited:
OP
R

rboutin2

Reaction score
Is there a way to push the build.prop back into the phone using adb without the phone being started up? I am really desperate here. i just lost everything on my phone a couple weeks ago, and i dont want to lose it all again

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
This thread may do better in the Hacks section, where the ROM fans hang out.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Done... :biggrin:

kijutsu

Reaction score
I had modified my build prop on my old maxx, to amke it a lt18i for gameloft games. On my new razr, trying to download nova 2 hd, i modified the build prop again, same way, and made it an lt18i, and it didnt work. So i went back in, and redid it to make it a droid 3, via these instructions:
How To Get Modern Combat 3 And Other Games To Run - DroidRzr.comnd now, it loads to the lockscreen, sits there for a sec, and then reboots. U cna use it for a few seconds before it reboots. is there anyway to fix this?

btw i was on the latest update, and rooted, but otherwise stock, with no modifications. Just rooted, and changed my build.prop.

You might be able to push a proper build.prop from recovery using adb -- I'm unsure if ADB is functional on stock recovery, I know it is on ClockworkMod recovery.

If not -- You might be screwed to a Fastboot to fix it.