Need some help with Rooting

Reaction score
I just bought a Razr HD with the old Gingerbread OS (4.0.1 I think) I rooted it and everything was ok. Throughout this morning, VZW was bugging me every few hours or so to update to their newest Jellybean OS. I got tired of being stopped by their pop ups so I went ahead and updated the Razr. Of course I lost my old root so when I went to reroot my phone with the old root, I would get an "exploit failed" as the program was rooting followed by a "exploit complete" on the next line. Needless to say, when my phone rebooted and I tried to use my screenshot and wireless tether both programs would say "is your phone rooted".

I looked all over the net for help but couldn't find any help for this. Would I need a different type of root now since I have the Jellybean?

Also, too add, I was using "motofail2go" root (I forgot who wrote it) before and after Jellybean.

Thanks in advance for any help.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
There is no exploit for jellybean yet. You need to SBF back to ICS 4.0.4, root, install voodoo ota rootkeeper, backup SU, temp unroot, take OTA and then restore root.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
K
Reaction score
Thank you!

Sent on my Moto RAZR HD while I'm in class, in a meeting, in a waiting room, or in the bathroom