Need some help, Trying to unroot...

gidkon

Reaction score
Well, I got my phone a couple weeks ago. It was my first time having a droid so I had heard that you could root them and get super user permissions but I didn't like the root so I looked it up on how to uninstall the root. I used Unrevoked to Root my incredible and I followed

(How to: Root and Unroot the Droid Incredible - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog)

To unroot it, I installed the downgrade and placed it onto my sd card and powered off the phone. I then held down Volume down and the power button to start in the boot screen. It came up with the normal boot splash screen and tried to load the IMG files. It said they could not be loaded because they were missing and or not right. I then just tried to reboot and i started back into the boot splash screen. I am currently stuck in this screen. I have the clockworkmod recovery when i click recovery in the splash screen. If anyone needs more information. I will comment back as soon as you ask.

Please help me I just want to reset my phone back to factory settings. (without root)

EDIT - I need some help before I brick my phone or something

Last edited:
OP
G

gidkon

Reaction score
Well, I have searched around and i have came to the conclusion that i formated my boot and now i guess i cannot start my phone. I am following How to get back to complete stock from s-off
I'm not sure if this will unroot my phone but its worth a try... I feel like I have no clue what i'm doing.... I really need help

enlightened

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What have you done up to this point? Sorry I didn't see your post last night.