Need some help please

UrGonnaDie

Reaction score
Ok so im new to rooting and had liked to theme my phone after rooting it so i tried the theme here http://www.droid-life.com/2010/10/11/dark-edge-v1-0-released-now-in-update-zip-format/ Darkedge since it came in a update.zip form.... completely missed the whole part for apps themeing so it messed up all my apps made them very hard to read.

Went looking around today after dealing with it for a week and some people said a factory reset fixed there problems so i figure ahh why not try that it would be a simple fix lol but it wasnt it did its job on wipeing the system i think except for the theme cuz that still showed on boot up the problem is now i cant do anything it says "The application Setup Wizard has stopped unexpectedly" basically force closing on me so i cant do anything with the phone right now.

I tried to use clock work recovery with a stock image but when the phone would reboot it would have a triangle with a exclimation point in it and do nothing.. Any help would be greatly appreciated in trying to get this phone back working again.

I was reading somewhere else about someone that thought there phone was bricked they said to press up on d pad and power button to see if the boot loader will open and mine does if thats any help im not home for a couple hrs so i hope some of u fine members will have some things for me to try out when i get home.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok, don't worry. Don't know exactly what happened but to get you fixed up since it looks like you have stock recovery now:

1) link 4 in my sig (now you will be stock unrooted 2.2)
2) link 3 in my sig to reroot, if you desire

OP
U

UrGonnaDie

Reaction score
Thanks worked great less then 20 min work and its back to normal :D

Valerie2127

Reaction score
I can't log in to facebook from my Thunderbolt. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, I turned my phone off and then back on, I removed the battery. I get the same error. Cant log in at this time try again later. I tried a different password but that said wrong password. Also I cant search with google on the internet. I type a search into google and it doesnt move or sometimes it will search and i will choose something from its list and i cant open anything. Please help before I throw it in the lake

JRParsons

Reaction score
I had a thunderbolt for over a year, do yourself a favor and throw it in the lake.

Seriously, I know Facebook and possibly Google checks your location when signing in, do you have all three of the location services checked. That's the only thing I can think of that is common to both.

As a last resort, a hard reset will probably fix it.

Valerie2127

Reaction score
Haha. Thanks for the advice. I will check my location services and see if that helps.

sunflowerdeluxe

Reaction score
Ugh...... The same thing started happening to me 2 weeks ago and is still happening after I dud a factory reset on my phone!!!! Can someone please help?

Valerie2127

Reaction score
I have not done the factory reset yet and after your post I am glad I didnt.

sunflowerdeluxe

Reaction score
Found a solution

So I tried everything possible to fix my stupid HTC Thunderbolt.... And I realized if I take my sd card (which has massive pics and videos) out and stop the applications in my manage apps section, Then logged on fb, and googled random things just for a test.... I had no problem at all.... So try it out, take ur sd card out and let me know if it works.

Valerie2127

Reaction score
So I tried what u suggested and it did not work for me. I appreciate that you shared and I am glad it worked for you. My phone has niw started to randomly shut off every couple of hours and I am just marking the days until I can get rid of this stupid ass pos phone. Thanks for the help

nayanepal

Reaction score
Thunderbolt is very unfriendly gadget. So its better to give it to you younger brother and use some new technology gadgets.