need some help for a non-rooted phone

Hexus

Reaction score
My wife and I both have Droids. I've rooted mine a long time ago and haven't looked back since. She's remained stock. Since I've flashed this rom I think she's finally starting to come around after seeing all of the awesomeness.
My question is, how would I go about rooting her phone and flashing this rom to it now that she's on the official 2.1? Once I have root I'm sure I can find my way from there. I'm fairly familiar using both clockwork and SPR.

Am I going to have to do that sbf back to 2.01 to gain root and then go from there? I've never done an sbf so I'm a little worried to have to go that route.

If possible can someone help me out?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My wife and I both have Droids. I've rooted mine a long time ago and haven't looked back since. She's remained stock. Since I've flashed this rom I think she's finally starting to come around after seeing all of the awesomeness.
My question is, how would I go about rooting her phone and flashing this rom to it now that she's on the official 2.1? Once I have root I'm sure I can find my way from there. I'm fairly familiar using both clockwork and SPR.

Am I going to have to do that sbf back to 2.01 to gain root and then go from there? I've never done an sbf so I'm a little worried to have to go that route.

It's not necessary to go back to 2.0.1 if you are going to use Froyo with this ROM.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/13/video-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-to-stock-2-1/

With a video.

Froyo comes with root so you would be rooted then. If you're not using Froyo at all this may not work for you.

omgar

Reaction score
All you really have to do is, download and install RSD Lite. Make sure you have the Droid drivers installed.
Download the SPR Recovery .sbf file, and flash it to the phone. (Power off, turn on while holding up on the keypad, press the ... button and find where you save the SPR .sbf and it'll flash it.)

SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf
Download this update .zip and flash it to your phone. That should give you root.

OP
Hexus

Hexus

Reaction score

It's not necessary to go back to 2.0.1 if you are going to use Froyo with this ROM.

http://www.droid-life.com/2010/04/13/video-flashing-sprecovery-sbf-to-stock-2-1/

With a video.

Froyo comes with root so you would be rooted then. If you're not using Froyo at all this may not work for you.

yea her phone is 100% verizon stock. She's just on the 2.1 update-1 that they pushed out OTA. No root or anything.

I'll give what you posted a try. Much appreciated!