Need some help, cannot download from market after SBF.

Rivalen4919

Reaction score
Need some help, cannot download from market after SBF, post LGB v0.1

-Edit- I only posted this here in the Liberty forum as the problem began while using LGB v0.1, if the mods feel this belongs in a different forum by all means please relocate it =)

So, last night I updated a few apps from the market place. One of them was Moto Home Switcher which I've used in the past no problem. I even used it on the leaked 2.3.3 which is what I had been using up until last night. After I installed that app I surfed the web a bit then rebooted my phone before bed as I hadn't rebooted it in a few weeks. Low and behold when my phone boots back up to load the desktop that application would perpetually fail and prompt for force close and keep repeating never to load the Home screens. So I decided "wth, I'll just SBF and start fresh, it's been awhile". So I do so, get my phone up and running last night, no problems on the 2.3.340 sbf.

Today I decided I would re-root (used old z4root I still had) and flash Liberty. I went through the usual process and flashed to 2.0.1 and all was peachy. The market place had downloaded all my apps last night after the SBF as well as today after the Liberty 2.0.1 flash. I was reading about Liberty GB so I decided I would flash to that. I purchased the Liberty Toolbox Donate from the marketplace and followed the steps to install the v0.1 Full coming from 2.2 which worked fine. The problem arose when the market tried to re-download all of my apps. It was literally trying to download 30-40 apps at a time and it would repeatedly hang and force close. I tried to kill the services with one of the few apps that managed to download before it crapped out (eStrongs Task Manager). Rebooting didn't fix anything and I even tried to do a Factory Data Reset and wipe out the system and any apps it managed to download. That did not work. I turned off auto-backup, so now my marketplace app history is completely empty (no big deal).

Ultimately I wiped data/cache from the standard recovery console and SBF'd back to Froyo 2.3.340. However my problem still persists, I cannot download any apps from the marketplace. They go into the "downloading" area and sit at "starting download..." for about 10-15 seconds before it just quits and tells me it failed to download such and such apk. I did a factory reset from here to after a fresh SBF to no avail. I cannot download anything from the Market.

If anyone has encountered this or can lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. I can still use the phone as a phone and call/text but what good is an Android phone if it's been reduced to that?

/hope help comes along.

-edit2-

It would appear I can actually go to the android market via browser and install apps from there. I also believe I found the problem just not the cause. Somehow my account still thinks all my old apps are installed to my phone when I try to download them from the market app. If I look at them from the market website they say "Installed" yet I can still opt to install it again and have it pushed to my phone.

Has anyone ever seen this?

Last edited:

limatime42

Reaction score
If you are on wifi it could be the router. Also if you have any apps like droidwall the network might be disabled for the market. That's about all I got.

OP
R

Rivalen4919

Reaction score
Downloading over 3g and i've tried our wifi at work. No go on either. At this point the phone is completely stock from 2.3.340 SBF and it won't download anything.

maximumpower

Reaction score
I have posted the same or similar problem a couple of times. I do not have a solution. I just mess with things until I finally am able to download and install apps one at a time.

I have installed the market fixer and I went back to 2.3.4. I can now download from my phone but only one at a time. I have had to restore my phone this way several times. No one seems to have a solution.

Other things I have tried:
- clear cache in market
- clear data in market
- unmount sdcard. power off, remove sdcard, replace and reboot (this was posted somewhere on the web so I tried it)

I really wish I had a solution because it makes recovering my apps after a factory reset very painful and slow.

dasfxt

Reaction score
I had the same problem with sbf to 2.3.340... Couldn't dl any app from the market.. So I deleted the update.zip file and transfer z4 and a chief of apps on another micro sdcard and it worked.. I wiped cache and data a few times but didn't work.. It the update file ...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums