Need pointed in right direction

baboon619

Reaction score
So I have been reading forums and all kinds of great information about how to do all this great stuff. Here's my plan...
root using z4 , nandroid , and then install some cool apps now that I have access.

My question is... how do I start changing some of the things like the color of the font under all the app icons? How do i make my own custom icons? or just simple text icons? Not sure if I want a full theme out, but one of the reasons for me rooting is to, 1 get a backup and, 2 to customize my phone.

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
To just change icons you don't need root. You can change your launcher or use desktop visulizer. You can find icons all over the web...Or make your own with any editor that can create PNG image files.

If that's not enough for you look into MetaMorph or NinjaMorph.

OP
baboon619

baboon619

Reaction score
ok cool.

What about changing the color of the text under the icons? And also going for changing the color of the gray status bar and 3 buttons at the bottom of the screen (Call, app drawer, contacts)

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
Changing launchers lets you do whatever you want with the dock bar (the three buttons at the bottom) I believe you have to use one of the apps, (There may be other ones out there) I listed to change the icon text color and notification bar.