need opinions - is it worth selling ipod touch for droid x or droid 2 upgrade from d1

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday I bought a droid not thinking since my blackberry broke, today of course the droid 2 is announced.

So now I'm stuck with the droid 1, I am a casual user but the swype and faster processor is appealing on the x and d2.

So now if I wan to take my phone back and get the droid 2/x it will cost $65 + $200 for restocking fee and an extra activation fee.

So if I'm upgrading I'm going to sell my ipod touch.. but then all my apps will be gone $150 + in apps alone since my first gen touch. and on the droid they do not have many of the games on the touch such as real racing, plants v zombies, brushes, touchgrind etc.

So I really don't know what to do.

what are your opinions

iPirate

Reaction score
Swype is available on D1

I would sell my itouch and never look back. I wouldn't buy a Droid 2/X with the money but keep it for future purchases.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Call and actually ask about the restocking fee. I was so sure you could try out the phone for 90 days and take it back if you didnt like it.... Restocking fee is a bunch of bs. How hard is it to truly 'restock' the devise....

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
very true its just verizon trying to make money. I'll call them, because it's not that I don't like the phone it's that I think im getting ripped because the day after I bought mine they released a new version.

Btw - does anyone know if the droid x will come down in price now that the droid 2 is being released?

And I know every droid fan will say sell it, but droid doesn't have the games the touch does.

tktouch12

Reaction score
i got my droid and ended up not taking my ipod touch anywhere. i ended up selling my itouch because i didnt use it. i had over 4 pages of games alone, so i know, there are a lot more better games. but i guess i just used games when i was bored and games on the droid can pass time too. theyre not as good, but they pass time. if you want really high quality games you're probably not going to get them. but $200 cash is worth playing droid games and not having an itouch

Droid101

Reaction score
I say keep the Droid 1 remember its the only unlocked Droid! Trust me down the road you will want to root :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
I say keep the Droid 1 remember its the only unlocked Droid! Trust me down the road you will want to root :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

thanks man. I was also just thinking.. really why do I need a faster proccessor, I can overclock plus I'm not running games since I have the touch, which I do kinda wanna keep. on top of that.. is it really worth an extra $120.. I don't think so :)

Djnardu

Reaction score
Just sold my original iPod tough "1st Generation" on eBay for 150 dollars, I tech payed 50 bucks for my droid X which I use all the time as my mp3 player along with the car dock, but even more so I really havent touched my own music since Im able to use Pandora everywhere.

So answer your question, yes. The Droid X easily replaced my touch and even better I dont need to deal with iTunes, nothing like being able to drag and drop music and video onto my phone and it all working.

OP
R

rbkhockey81

Reaction score
Just sold my original iPod tough "1st Generation" on eBay for 150 dollars, I tech payed 50 bucks for my droid X which I use all the time as my mp3 player along with the car dock, but even more so I really havent touched my own music since Im able to use Pandora everywhere.

So answer your question, yes. The Droid X easily replaced my touch and even better I dont need to deal with iTunes, nothing like being able to drag and drop music and video onto my phone and it all working.

Wow, $150 for a 1st. how much does it cost to sell on ebay in the end? listing fees, and when I sold my old palm I had some re-occuring fee things?

Djnardu

Reaction score
With fees and such I think I ended up with 145 not bad as the most I hoped for was 100.